1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Panther Plan 2023

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stirs, Mar 11, 2023.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Correction, no pick, just a swap of position of picks

2. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I think we are the farm team for SF

Still, pretty good to get something out of one of the kickers

3. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

Before we lost Darnold and traded up...I was kinda thinking going after him in the second was possibly the play...and I didn't hate it.

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

The draft is the last time you will hear Hooker's name. He has too much work to do before he can lead an NFL offense.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

An old friend of mine from G'boro recently shared the inside scoop with me on hooker. He bumped into a Dudley rival HS coach and Hooker apparently has always had a knock for being undisciplined and inconsistent. The ACL injury was a bad one and he likely won't have the mobility and/or durability he previously had. Hooker benefited greatly from solid pass protection and fantastic WRs at Tennessee. So according to my buddy you are probably right on the money about hooker jag

6. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

From GBN Report

Panthers deal PK to 49ers for conditional late pick swap … Carolina has reportedly traded PK Zane Gonzalex to San Francisco for what is being described as a conditional late-round swap of picks in 2025. Presumably, if the conditions are met, the Panthers will get the 49ers 6th round pick that year, while Carolina will get SF’s 7th.

7. y2b

y2b King of QC

Chark is a Panther

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Yep, we mentioned Chark yesterday as our tall WR.

You think w TMJ, Thielan, Chark and Shi Smith, we will be covered? Or draft another guy early or late?

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

With Chark it's all about whether he can stay healthy. He's fast as hell, but just runs go-routes. He's about the same size as Marshall, but doesn't have the playmaking instincts. If you knock him off his route, he's worthless unless you let the play take forever to develop. But he is fast as hell and should be good for 2-3 chunk plays per game.

I think this is the year we really find out what we have in Marshall. It's funny that he's the same size as Chark, even a little taller, but just a different player. Not a lot of receivers catch balls wtih their thighs like he did last year. Even in college, he had a knack about him. But he really has to focus more. If he does, he's going to be WR1 and will be good enough to be WR1 on a lot of teams out there. But that's a big if.

Thielen and Hurst will be our awesome safety valves this year. I really want to see a 2003 Ricky Proehl like season out of Thielen, and think he could be an amazing influence on our LSU guys.

We seriously have the talent to have a good WR room, and if we were the Chiefs I would say we were in good shape. But even with a new coaching staff, it's almost as if Panthers culture dictates that as a group they will disappoint...

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I get the UT offense concern for NFL projection, but Hooker started his college career at VT in a completely different system and looked good. I also get the age concern, but as far as I see it, he'd be a much bigger red flag if he were 22 and coming off one great season in Huepels system.

If you're looking for the Jalen Hurts scenario, he's probably the best bet of this draft.