1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

the official rotation thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

If Baldwin is playing 25 mpg, we're in trouble. He's a great kid, gives 100%, hell of an athlete but only a solid role player on the major D-1 level. Demon and Plavich will get 30 each.

I see Basden getting 15 and Butter 5. Pigford, Basden and Butter will be battling for minutes.

2. uncc86

uncc86 Full Access Member

Of course, it was only the guys playing against themselves, but Baldwin gave me reason to think he may be more than just a role player this season.

My guess after watching 40 minutes of "practice"

Guards - Brown & Plavich as starters (Baldwin (could get the most PT of any non-starter) & Bennett off the bench)
    Forwards - Withers & Basden starters for now (Pigford off the bench and he could replace Basden in the lineup by the time conference play starts)
    Center - Clemmons (with Iti off the bench)

next off the bench would be the guy in jersey #12 followed by Sager (yeah, it looks like he WILL struggle for minutes this season.)

3. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Didn't make it down from Asheville today, but did get my season tickets. Apparently Withers looked good. ItI??? Give me the scoop on him and Plavlich. I'm drunk so keep it simple.

4. pcon

pcon Full Access Member

Agree, there not to many 4.4 40 in. vertical guy that are just role players. That and the fact that it looks like he has a good shot now.

5. bigNINERdaddy

bigNINERdaddy Lonesome, On'ry, and Mean

Baldwin was 4 of 5 from 3 pt. range if I recall correctly. One other thing was obvious: Demon Brown is Mitch Baldwin's BITCH (at least in today's game). Baldwin=FUCKIN' FAST!

6. charlotte49er

charlotte49er Junior Member

Iti looked like a true freshmen( it is hard to see him stopping centers in CUSA). He has size but needs to get some strength to keep up(appears to get winded quickly). Calvin(looked strong and quick) abused him a couple of times. Plavich did not look as strong from the arc as advertised. Hopefully the shots will fall. I also question his defense. Mitch blew by him a couple of times.

Team has depth and minutes will be a problem.

7. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Green (90): Pigford 11-16 FG, 5-10 FT; 28 pts; Johnson 7-7, 2-3; 16; Clemmons 9-17, 2-2; 20; Plavich 6-13, 0-0; 16; Brown 2-11, 4-4; 8; Basden, 0-0, 2-2, 2
    Three-point field goals: Pigford, 1-2; Plavich, 4-10; Brown, 0-4

White (79): Withers 10-14 FG, 3-5 FT; 24 pts; Basden 3-5, 0-0; 6; Iti 3-11, 3-4; 9; Baldwin 6-9, 3-4; 19; Sager 0-3, 0-0, 0; Bennett, 8-15, 0-2; 19; Johnson, 1-2, 0-0; 2
    Three-point field goals: Withers, 1-1; Basden, 0-1; Baldwin, 4-6; Sager, 0-2; Bennett, 3-7; Johnson, 0-1

Top rebounders: Green: Clemmons, 8; White: Withers 10
    Top Assists: Green: Brown, 12; White: Baldwin, 10

8. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

two things stand out on paper to me, though I wasn't there (coached my final 4yr old soccer game sat.):

Baldwin going 4 of 5 from three

Pig's point total, if he is a 10-15 pt per night player, that is huge. That is serious scoring balance when Pig, Withers, Demon, and Plav are on the court.

9. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

I think the starting lineup is not what we though originally. Here is the way I would guess if it were today:

starters, better players, less athletic:
    1 Demon
    2 Plav
    3 Pigford
    4 Withers
    5 Clemmons

bench-very athletic
    then:
    1 Baldwin
    2 Bennett
    3 Basden
    4 Butter
    5 Iti

10. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Who was guarding Pigford for the majority of the green white game? If it was defensive ace Eddie Basden, Pigford better be ready for 25+ minutes a game.

I don't want to hear about how Eddie "knows the system" either.