1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

THE DRAFT FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Horn at #8 was a reach but I think I do like him a bit more than Surtain, who is a little stiff. With three similar CBs, I don't know why they didn't trade back and take the one who fell. Farley is probably the best of the bunch if he stays healthy, which is a significant caveat.

Marshall at #59 was good value. He's a premium athlete and has a nose for the end zone. While I get what people are saying about bigger needs, I like the pick because he can fill a role effectively on the outside and allow Moore to play in the slot. Brady's familiarity with him is a positive.

Christensen at #70 is good value and fills a need. At worst he's a functional tackle. I don't think it's a steal or anything, but he can play immediately, which is something this roster desperately needed.

Tremble at #83 is my favorite pick. That dude just gets after it. I don't care if he can catch or not, he's going to help McCaffrey. There is so much you can do with a badass blocker that can move. He can set the edge to create big plays or come back across the formation to lead on misdirection.

I really don't give that much of a shit about the Panthers or the NFL in general at this point, but this draft looks solid to me. They passed on some guys with bigger upside that may end up panning out but I can see all four of these selections contributing in 2021.

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

LOL
    No, I'm just having some fun with your outlook.
    Way too positive to be a Liberal. lol

Coach Micool likes this.
  3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Christensen is probably a big reason why Zach Wilson became the #2 pick. Tremble is the modern offense version of Lorenzo Neal.

Two guys who can block at a high level. Something the Panthers needed.

4. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

We didn't take an Hback or are you meaning we should tonight?

I'm in agreement though, it's been a good draft so far!

5. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

Not neccessaily.

As an example Trey Smith is still on the board going into round 4 and he's definitely a higher grade than that. Hoping he's someone we try to get too.

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Day 3 is a license to gamble on talent or "upside". Shitheads like Kenny Robinson. If one of them becomes a starter, it's a success. I don't like using these picks on special teamers unless they can score points.

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

[​IMG]

brandonray99 and Collin like this.
  8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Go back to Preps, you foreskin fondling moron. You don't have the requisite intelligence to post in the other parts of the forums.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Tremble sort of is an H-back. He's shorter and lighter than an inline tight end, but given the prevalence of big nickels it's a distinction without much significance.

10. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

Me too...don't hate the first two picks, just felt that greater needs could have been addressed. Nice rebound in the 3rd, but the OT from BYU better be a steady performer.

Would like to see a OG and LB added today, but BPA regardless of position is the way to go.