1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Texans formally anounce Carr as #1 pick

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SemperFi, Apr 3, 2002.

1. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

This was reported on the Charlotte.com msg board and I verified on the Texans home page. That is awesome. We are in control now.

2. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

Same question as before, does he have to sign a contract or can we negotiate now?

3. Piper

Piper Guest

He has to sign the contract, I think. Until then, it's only talk.

From the sound of things, we are going to meet all the top picks first, and a few trade down options, before we do anything anyway. The whole league knew Carr was going there anyway, he has already started looking at houses in Houston.

talk, talk, it's only talk. Advise. Agreements. Articulate Announcements. It's all talk.

Elephant Talk!? Elephant Talk!? Elephant Talk!

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    it's not official but it's legit. They've been up front with this and I don't expect it will move. Capers has always been deliberate and so has Casserley. Now if Seifert had this pick we'd be hearing about Adrian Peterson with the first overall pick, but then he'd trade down and select Sims.

If this does in fact happen, I imagine they're going Carr and then will look for a back or the best pass rush tweener at 33.
    We will go Peppers, then best corner.
    Detroit will go Jammer, then WR (IMO, Walker), Buffalo should go Harrington at that point. OT is a need but I just sour quickly at the thought of such a talent poor team putting OT in the high 1st...I imagine that since the first three will fall into place that Buffalo would be the trade down spot and rightly so, unless they really do covet Harrington.

5. Piper

Piper Guest

What credance do you give the Bledsoe to Buffalo rumor? Buffalo gets #32 and Bledsoe, the Pats move up to #4 overall.

It's an interesting idea.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I wouldn't do it, but Bledsoe isn't my favorite anyway. I probably wouldn't want to trade a franchise player within the division and across one big state.