1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR NBA Draft blog

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

The Spurs really helped themselves in the off season. Pick up Richard Jefferson for more scoring and then pick up Blair in the draft to help with rebounding and muscle under the basket. Blair's knees didn't seem to bother him at Pitt when he kicked Thabeet's ass during the season.

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah no doubt Blair was a monster in college. He killed Duke twice, they just had no one who could body him. He has long arms and a great post game, but he's not athletic (high-flying) like LJ was (whom Thelt compared him to.) He's more ground bound, sorta like Sean May in that regard. We'll see if it works in the pros but I agree that the Spurs got a steal at that pick.

I was hoping he'd fall to us in the second.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

?????

4. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

whoops, that was PantherPaul, my bad

5. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

I don't think the drafting of Sean May was really a big stretch at 13. The only place to point the blame on that one is Sean May. His work ethic appeared to improve as he went from fat to almost in shape in college, and pride should've taken over and gotten him into better shape. Being that he couldn't lose 15 pounds over a whole NBA season last year, he's obviously a slob. I don't think there were obvious red flags that the Bobcats should've seen.

I thought the Bobcats did ok in the draft this year. Henderson was the autopilot choice, but he's going to be in the NBA for a while and can very well become a starter.

On another note, as a Sixers fan I like our drafting of Jrue Holiday. Though he didn't do dookie in college, he was playing out of position, and being that I have no interest in the Sixers making the playoffs only to be knocked out of the 1st round for 5-10 years in a row, the fact that he will add no help to the team immediately is a plus. Project for sure, but I'd rather have projects and the hope of really stinking and getting lottery picks than being stuck in NBA purgatory. Hopefully they can fall back enough to get back into the lottery.