1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR NBA Draft blog

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Henderson is going to be a good defender from the 2. He is going to hustle and have a good attitude. He is not going to be a star but who was at #12? He was a decent pick which is about all you could hope for at #12 in this year's weak draft class.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Exactly

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Henderson fits the Brown guard mold, and he's that hustle player off the bench who'll bust it on D and can make things happen in transition. I like it.

Ellington should be a good support player, definitely. We could've done worse. It's kinda shameful how bad that Sean May pick was, to have kept that out of our mind to a point. Either would've been fine, I don't think either were necessarily a top 15 player.

Good for Curry going so high, and deservedly.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Curry would have been a nice addition to the Bobcats but he was never going to drop that low.

5. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Sure, if we wanted to run a backcourt that could only guard Muggsy Bogues.

With DJ and Felton there was no room on this team for Curry. Not sold on Curry's PG skills yet.

6. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Agreed on May, injury after injury, and then not anywhere close to being in shape most of the time when he could play. That little bit of promise he showed in 06-07 is about all there has been and all there will probably be.

Just a couple behind him in the draft, but damn, Danny Granger would have been nice.

7. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

I'll admit I was happy when the Bobbers took May. The guy had progressed every year at UNC and he had a monster season his last year. I thought the same thing would carry over to the pros and we could look forward to a PF that pulled down 17 points and 8 or 9 rebounds a game. Boy was that wishful thinking. I guess once he got the checks he became fat and happy.

8. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

I'll admit at the time I felt like giving up 5 and 13 to move up one or two spots in the draft would have been a mistake. That no matter which of the three PGs we got at 5, the difference would be negligable. I thought there was just as good a chance that Felton would develop into a great PG as there was Williams or Paul. Well, I felt like Paul would be the best, but it wasn't worth giving up that high a draft pick to get him.

I was upset when I heard we picked May with that pick, but still felt like Felton could be a star. Hopefully the jury is still out on how good Felton can be, but I think it's safe to say we should have traded up considering we got nothing out of May.

Pretty sure we considered Grainger but decided against him because of his knees (like a lot of teams.) Pretty sure we made that same mistake the next year when we chose Morrison over Roy. I wonder if teams are going to regret not choosing DeJaun Blair for the same knee concerns. I doubt it but we'll see.

9. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Once?

:smug2:

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I would have brought Curry off the bench at the 2 for some instant offense ala his dad's old role. He can hit an open jumper and with Diaw's passing he would get some looks.