1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR NBA Draft blog

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Would rather have done that then waste another pick on a French basketball player who sucks

2. PantherPaul

Dukey, you're an idiot

3. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Well sure but I would have rather traded the pick for a future 2nd rounder than cash. Probably doesn't matter either way, 2nd rounders are pretty disposable anymore.

edit: Dukey, what guy would you have picked at 12 that would have given us 15-20 ppg out of the 2 slot? If you say Ellington I'm coming through the PC to kick your ass.

4. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

I think Henderson was over-rated, but honestly after Williams came off the board I didn't really care who the Bobcats took.

5. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Sporting News again:

Round 1: Gerald Henderson (12)

Round 2: Derrick Brown (40, via Nets and Thunder)

Analysis: The Bobcats had a nice, solid draft. Henderson is a really good fit in Charlotte and eventually should be able to replace Raja Bell. He is a great athlete and can really defend. Brown was a great value in the second round, a terrific athlete who can play both the 3 and the 4.

Overall, the Bobcats helped themselves with solid picks who might not be superstars but who could be in the league a long time.

6. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

I think the dumbest thing in the draft was when the Timberwolves selected Rubio and Flynn back to back. Why in the world wouldn't you pick either Rubio or Flynn and THEN pick Curry? You give whichever PG you take someone who can put the ball in the basket from everywhere 25 feet and in. That was just the oddest thing to me.

One theme I heard from Bilas, Jackson and Van Gundy it seemed on almost 90% of the draftees is "he needs to work on his shot". Why is it that these guys seem to have this big problem developing what seems to me to be the most fundamental thing in basket ball: a jump shot? Too many dunkathon highlights on ESPN?

7. PantherPaul

Rubio is probably going to get traded from Minnesota because Rubios dad is saying his son could/should play in Europe another couple of years. Minnesota is one dysfunctional franchise and now you can't blame it on mcHale. Rumor has Rubio going to NY. I guess NY is a Rubio friendly franchise.:byebw:

8. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well the statement Dukey made was pretty stupid, but if you do compare what the two did in college it could be a wash on which player to take between Henderson and Ellington.

Offense - favors Ellington, far and away the better shooter at this point
    Defense - favors Henderson of course with the steals and blocks and on the ball defense
    Rebounds/assist - pretty much a wash here
    Athletic - Henderson by a mile
    Room to improve - favors Henderson, I think Ellington has pretty much reached the ceiling on what he will be able to do, but Henderson still has a lot that he can learn and offer in a player.

So given Henderson's athletic ability and growth potential as a player that makes him the better pick.

9. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

I didn't mean that Henderson was a much better pick than Ellington, just that Ellington isn't going to average 15-20 ppg next year.

I was hoping Ellington would slide to us in the second actually. His numbers were very surprising at the combine and as we all know he was deadly in the second half of the year.

10. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Ellington actually had athletic numbers as good or better than Henderson at the combine. I really think Ellington is going to be a good NBA player.