1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR NBA Draft blog

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Yes, it will be very, very hard to live up to the stellar level of excellence set by one Sean May of UNC.

Seriously, dude...you would have spooged all over the screen if they picked Hansblow, wouldn't you ?

2. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

I liked the Derrick Brown pick in the second better than Henderson. I think they may have gotten a steal there.

3. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah I'm hoping for some contributions from Brown too. Fantastic writeup about him in the Observer today.

Oh wait, they didn't have shit on EITHER second round pick. GG Observer. I had to go to ESPN.COM to find out we traded the second guy we drafted to OKC. Still not sure what we got for him.

4. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Sporting News:

"There was a surprisingly long list of accomplished college players who jumped into the draft early and wound up waiting into the second round. The best prospect of that group is Xavier SF Derrick Brown, who has everything a team could want except a taste for dominance -- and how important is that when drafting a player who figures to land between fourth and ninth in a team’s rotation? Charlotte got a steal in taking him at 40. "

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/25984/round_2_dish_household_names_fall

5. DJ_Tet

Apparently we traded the second second rounder for cash. Fantastic.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

The draft was not full of many players who look to be stars. Probably one or two will surprise but overall it looks weak. Henderson is probably as good a gamble as anyone. It is nice to see they are capable of picking a Duke player after taking so many tarheels.

7. DJ_Tet

People complain about Charlotte franchises not taking Duke players but in reality the only time they've been in position to take a good Duke player was 1999. I can definitely live with Baron Davis over Corey Magette, Trajan Langdon (lol) and William Avery (lolol) on that Hornets team. Every other Duke player that went in the lottery went too high for Charlotte to even pass on them.

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I am not really mad that they do not take Duke players as much as I am that they take way too many Carolina players.

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

How many is that again?

10. DJ_Tet

Well, that problem goes back to the Carolina Cougars. You'd think by now they would realize that winning is a much easier way to increase attendance rather than drafting local UNC kids. I don't mind when they draft UNC guys, so long as they are basically best available. Even JR Reid and Sean May weren't considered huge reaches.

What does bother me is reading Bobcat/Heel fans who are going to boo Henderson. They should really just grow up. Either support the Cats or don't, don't use them as your silly pulpit. The Cats are better off without fans like that.