1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR First Keeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jun 30, 2005.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

IN but I'm not 100% on my keepers yet... a couple of them yes, but all of them no.

2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

There's mine.

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

undecided on my forth...i'm thinking Key only because i see him getting more short yardage td's than smitty early...funny thing is i thought having r.williams last year would be huge for me this year...okay, i guess it's not so funny

for now, i'll go pittsburgh DEF...they're worth a forth round pick

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

:trophy:

5. CalloftheWild

CalloftheWild Full Access Member

Browncoats- still thinking about the others

Yahoo ID Call of the Wild21
    QB M. Hasselbeck
    WR H. Ward
    WR M. Harrison
    RB R. Brown
    RB S. Davis
    TE J. Stevens
    W/R T. Holt
    BN J. Delhomme
    BN T. Williamson
    BN T. Owens
    BN C. Benson
    K L. Tynes
    BN M. Vanderjagt
    DEF Carolina

6. Big Russ

Big Russ Full Access Member

for now.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Do I have to keep guys? If the top 4 picks are keepers, and it doesn't matter where we drafted, the only guy I'd pick in the top 4 rounds is hurt.

8. CalloftheWild

CalloftheWild Full Access Member

So should the keepers be the last picks? Everyone leaves the keepers alone, and start drafting w/ round one and keep picking until you fill your roster minus your keepers. Then pick your keepers last.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    that's what I'm trying to figure out, how they plan on doing this. I always assumed keepers were kept at their correct round, but nobody bothered to put that info down apparently.

Whoever's deciding the rules, LMK so I can decide if I want to keep any of these jackbags on my roster.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

This obviously should have been decided beforehand, but there are a couple of different ways in which leagues handle keepers.

#1) Keep X number of players in the round that they were drafted. Personally I like this method because it allows for a wider variety of players to be kept, but the problem is that it can cause severe competitive imbalance if someone drafts a relative unknown near the end of the draft and he suddenly becomes a fantasy stud. Also, you usually need some sort of limit on how many years a player can be kept in this system. You don't want Larry Johnson being a 6th round pick for the next five plus years, for instance.

#2) Keep X number of players based on the round they were drafted, but bump them up one round for every year that they're kept. This is one way of getting around the aforementioned problem if you don't favor limitations on how long a player can be kept by one team. So, for instance, if you drafted Larry Johnson in the 6th round then he would count as a 5th round pick this year, a 4th round pick next year, etc.

#3) Allocate keepers to either the first X or last X number of rounds in the draft regardless of their original draft position. This is probably the least confusing approach, and while it does tend to mean that only a fairly small group of players are worthy of keeper consideration and thus there is somewhat less strategy involved, it tends to avoid some of the competitive imbalance issues in the other models.