1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tanked

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stratocatter, Jun 25, 2007.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

:iagree:I hadn't thought about who would replace him. Of course this is the team that thinks (along with most of their fans) that Grossman is the answer at QB so its pretty clear they don't want to win the super bowl.

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

If it was an AFC team, I would feel better about that, but I don't think we should be filling a major void for a team that we might have to play in January.

Fuck it, let 'em cook. They were already having defensive issues with Tank at the end of last year, and now they'll be without him, probably Lance Briggs (at least for a while), and no proven option to fill either spot. And, as mentioned, you never know how Harris will recover from his injury. Their DB's get exposed when the line doesn't play at full strength.

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Still on parole.

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Adams was decent in SF before being forced into a 3-4, but there is quite a dropoff between what they will have and what they had. Plus, doesn't Alex Brown want to be traded? I doubt it will happen, but that would force a situational pass rusher into a starting spot.

Brown is rock solid, so that wouldn't be the worst trade. Still, I'd rather take my chances with Jenks on the line and player X at SS. I wish we would just go ahead and sign Darius (or at least get off our ass and offer him a contract).

5. presidence99

Brown is a good player when healthy but he gets hurt way too often.

6. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

See also Jenkins, Kris.

7. presidence99

Brown isn't as good a safety as Jenkins is a DT, that is we'd be trading away a top 10 player for a top 15. and if being injured is all the same I'd take the top 10.

8. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Agreed. That's why I said "Mike Brown and a draft pick".

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Mike Brown is not a top 15 safety by any stretch of the imagination, and trading Jenkins would only make us thin at defensive tackle.

10. Turbo

Turbo Freakin' Awesome

That is true but only because he can't seem to stay on the field.

I would compare him to Dan Morgan who has incredible talent and makes everyone around him better. He just can't stop from getting hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised that if you compared Brown's numbers side by side with other safetys in the league his numbers wouldn't be very good. However, the Bears defense plays at a much higher level whenever Brown is on the field. He just elevates that defense.