1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tampa aftermath

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    OK - so now that we're to the boring, bitter part of the game:

what the fuck, offense?
    Chud: Fair enough on being cute. Some of it worked. I think that moving Pilares around twice and then getting him 5 yards rushing is kinda neat, especially with Stewart hurt.
    But in the first half, I don't remember us being in shotgun once. It's OK to be under center. Sure, the ride play is neat - it can give you run or pass, and I'll enjoy our offense using it as much as the defense will hate defending it. But you do have Deangelo Williams. You could've used him a bit.
    I like seeing Smith over 100 yards and two guys over 65 (Olsen had 50, too, but it's like they forgot he was there for the 2nd and 3rd quarters). But that draw to Pilares made him our leading rusher. What the fuck?

And we did get jobbed on the 1st INT. The 2nd was just Cam forcing it, and he almost fumbled, too - he's not comfortable, and we might not want to make every single play run through him (as enticing as it might be to let him choose run/pass after the play has started). It might be too much.

I'm having a hard time bitching too much at our D. They let Freeman have too much (almost 70% completions) but 16 points, and especially 3 points total on this trio of series (INT, INT, blocked punt), isn't so shitty. I get tired of seeing double A-Gap blitzes that mean an easy slant pickup but our run D was pretty good for the beating it took. We hit Freeman a lot, gave him 17 yards rushing and kept him kinda uncomfortable.

Special teams: Fuck you, Brian Murphy.
    That said, a rookie punter had a punt blocked first game, and that was the worst of it. He also had a punt from his own end zone that was fair caught at the Tampa 40 which was kinda neat.

We need to use Adams more on KR, or give Pilares some of that cheaty-looking Jets seven man wedge that technically isn't a wedge.

2. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

You can say that again.

3. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

agreed

5. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I have to at least hat tip the defense for keeping us in the game, especially after sucking huge ron meeks sized dick in the first half.

My main concern is that I think Rivera sucks dirty balls. I think he's a shitty leader. And I have concerns about Cam being as talented as Cuckler but also as incapable at leadership, without a coach that can help with that.

ZERO comeback wins for cam or rivera. I think Rivera might be the worst coach we've ever had.

And goddam motherfucking curse of John Kasay special teams.

I will say that I have Frank Gore on all 3 fantasy teams in the flex, and that makes me bonerriffic.

to summarize - cockknocker.

6. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

The Offensive line got their ass handed to the by a superior Defensive line.. end of story...

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I've kind of decided Cam's future is Cutler, but with less criticism since Cam is very good at charming the media types

8. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

It's still a defense that's doomed to fail when we really need a stop, so hopefully we're not in too many games like this.

9. ss54

ss54 Full Access Member

^ This.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'm not happy right now either but I don't see what Rivera's done to get the "fire him now' treatment either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.