1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

subway, the new bread cut and you

Discussion in 'Food & Drink Forum' started by Boo, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Boo

Boo Cornholio

Yes, I occasionally patron Subway, and yes, I actually do enjoy the food there (I'll get into why it's "occasional" in a moment). Their chicken sandwiches are exquisite. Nothing beats the classic cold cut. And the amount of meat you get on the B.M.T.? Simply opulent.

BUT, despite the undying love I have for their sandwiches, I absolutely loathe everything else. Where to begin? Let's start with something simple - the construction of the sandwich. The first thing they have to do is cut the bread (it's made fresh).

They always look so annoyed as they cut the bread, it must really drag on them. They used to cut the bread in such a way that it formed a canoe-like shape, except that it was open on each end. At first, I thought it was a little weird (why not just make it easy and cut a slit down the middle?), but it proved to be rather functional. Nothing ever fell out.

Now, however, they're cutting the bread in some half-ass idiotic asinine fucked up kinda way. They just cut a slit down the side, leaving the bread hinged at the other side, like a book. They must have changed the subway standard because too many employees were taking the knives to their owns wrists after making the canoe cut. The problem with this is - all the contents get squeezed out through the open side!

Initially, I thought this was just an isolated incident. Maybe I got a vindictive worker who is now making his sandwiches inconsistent from Subway's standard, in an attempt to piss off customers, thus curtaling Subway's profits. So I just went to another one. Easy enough, right?

Nope. They were doing it there too! I go to another and get the same result. What intrigues me is why did they change the way the bread was cut? What corporate advantage was there? Less accidents? Faster sub preparation? What? Surely there was some logical reason.
    So, in an attempt to boycott Subway, I try out Subway's competition like Quizno's and Schlotcky's. Sure, they get the job done, but still, I'm just uncontrollably drawn to that B.M.T. at subway (sorry bunky).
    Then, when they ask what toppings you want, they never can remember what you say. I say "lettuce, tomatoe, onions, and black olives." After they put the lettuce on it "what'd you want again?" That was the first thing, can't they remember more than one thing?

So I just bite the bullet and deal with the fucked up bread. I've tried telling them to cut the bread in that canoe-like manner, but I just get a blank dumbfounded stare. I'd tell them "the old way" but most of the employees weren't employed during that wonderful era.

That brings me to part 2 - the prices.

Your basic combo meal, which includes the sandwich, a bag of chips, and a beverage runs at $6.69. That's for the footlong version. $6.69!? This is for fast food here. Tack on the sales tax, and the meal runs 7 bucks!

Subway's whole marketing campaign glorifies their food as being healthy and nutritious. "Jared, who was once 500lbs sustained a diet of cold cuts, and lost 300lbs!" Well, shit, Jared must be one rich mother fucker.

Subway is saying we're all fat and we should eat there to lose weight and be healthy? Well lower the fucking prices, and I'll call the place my second home, complete with door mat.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2003
  2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I know you have eaten at the Subway in the atrium. By God, you better know what you want it's your turn to order.

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

damn right... Jared's ass must have been fuckin rich... furthermore I KNOW why he keeps losing weight since he gets to eat there free for life now

4. The Brain

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!! To the back of the line!!!

5. Big Mark

Big Mark Full Access Member

don't know why they don't just cut the damn thing in half. it's not a fricken hotdog.

6. Bunky

Bunky .

It's ok, boo.

Hope you can come by Schlotzsky's sometime.

7. Big Mark

Big Mark Full Access Member

bunky, never have figured out.. what's the difference in the original and the original deluxe?

8. Boo

Boo Cornholio

if there was one near where I lived I would...the closest one to my house is in mathews which is a good drive.

9. The Brain

hell I'd just be happy to FIND Bunky's... the way I understand its downtown Char. but seeing as I rarely go there (I live in Albemarle) I have no CLUE as to where it is... I only know the major downtown landmarks... and if I go try it I'd like to go to his to support him

10. Bunky

Bunky .

whole lot more ham, cotto, and genoa salami piled in the deluxe original.