1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Stephon Gilmore

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

The panthers will never go far in the playoffs, regardless, if they don't address the oline. That's for sure.

2. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

If our Oline gave Sam half the time that Brady gets, we'd be very dangerous

Coach Micool likes this.
  3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

If Sam could get it out as quick as Brady the oline the Panthers have would look a lot better.

4. rake

rake Need one of these

That’s true as well. Darnold is tough and VERY quick when making the decision to take off runnin’ . .. He is just not very nimble of mind in making reads, going through progressions and QUICKLY picking (and delivering to) the best target.
    Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton all have superior mental agility that makes them special.
    Their reads and decisions are lightning fast and are usually the highest percentage choice.
    Unfortunately Sam will never be special in that way. What really irks the shit out of me is that Mac Jones might be special in that fucking way . .. fucking fucker

5. y2b

y2b King of QC

I agree we don't have the most dominate Oline... but damn, where is Joe Brady's ability to adjust? Where was the dump offs to RB's? Just because it's not CMC doesn't mean we cant run a screen. Get Hubbard in space because he's fucking fast. Why can't they roll Darnold out of the pocket? They just let him sit back there with straight drop backs. Sorry I don't get why I'm reading articles for 5 possible landing HC jobs for Brady and this is his offense. I'm not impressed. Darnold is right to say he's worried other teams will use that game as the blueprint. This whole staff is getting exposed as the college staff they are. Plus I was unimpressed with the adjustments on Defense. I heard people saying Dallas didn't run all over the place but it sure looked like they had their way to me. Give up 45 yrd per game to RB's and they had that in the 1st Q or something like that I don't know I was breaking shit by then.

We have the 2nd weakest schedule? Does 10-7 make the playoffs? I'm not getting my hopes up. If we lose to the Eagles, I would say this season is a wrap.

KEEP POUNDING

Coach Micool, DogBoy and Cyberjag like this.
  6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Gilmore feels more like a veteran stabilizer at this point, sort of like Jared Allen in 2015. I'll take it, but it's not worth the parade that fans are throwing over it. It's also not a huge vote of confidence for CJ Henderson, who they just burned a 3rd round pick and a pretty good TE on.

But, sure. YOLO. At least the team is trying to win games instead of orgasiming over "the process".

Bull Moose likes this.
  7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Putting Gilmore in the CB room with CJ and Horn, even though he's injured, is bound to be a plus. Not sure about how he plays, but a little leadership for young guys is always good.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

He sounds thrilled to play here since it's home. I'm not sure how long the team should commit to having him here.

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

The Charles Tillman comparison was right there.

I'd say there trying to speed through the process turning a 3-4 year rebuild into a 2. That's the type of thinking that's kept wft a laughing stock. Or maybe fitterer hates working on draft day.

10. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

If Fitterer hates working on draft day, he sure did a crappy job showing it. I don't think we've ever had a GM who was as active as he was this past April.

If he isn't re-signed, Gilmore turns a 6th into a compensatory 5th. If he is, it's presumably because he's worth a 6th or more. I don't think anyone here feels that Darnold isn't worth a 2nd at this point, and Henderson is surely worth a 3rd. Fitterer is just assembling talent where he can.

Next year I think we will tag a LT in the draft, and we will have Christensen at LG and maybe Brown or a FA at RG. Eiflein will be our Center, unless we get lucky on day three of the draft. Still, that group could be an improvement over what we have now, and our defense should be stacked.

rake likes this.