1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Steelers “fans required to wear masks”

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Jul 9, 2020.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

.. . just in case there IS a season
    The Steelers officially say, as long as you were a mask you can come to games.
    Properly fitted and properly worn N95 masks will apparently help Vs Covid. Fabric face coverings, and surgical masks like 90 % of us have probably been wearing will NOT. They are completely useless Vs Covid-19.
    The scientific facts -
    Viruses are measured in nanometers. The pores in fabrics or masks are measured in micrometers. A single virus particle is about 100 nanometers (or 0.1 micrometers).
    The typical pore in a (nonN-95) face covering or mask measures anywhere from 10 to 40 micrometers.
    The 10 micrometer pore gaps of a common surgical mask equals 10,000 nanometers. So 100+ Covid particles can easily exit from one single pore of a surgical mask.

Even IF Steeler fans were wearing N-95s the seal needs to remain intact for the mask to be effective. .. so how does that happen with all the talking, yelling, and eating/drinking at a football game?

The entire mask thing is a total joke

bam-bam likes this.
  2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

While I'm generally not pro-mask, it is worth pointing out that the virus travels in aerosol form, meaning in a water droplet. At least, that's my understanding of it. If that's the case then a mask is effective at keeping them out, and it's very effective at preventing them from being "sprayed" by a carrier.

But yes, seriously, who's going to wear one while drinking beer and eating Bojangles at the stadium? And how are they going to enforce it? I don't think your typical Steelers fan is one to respond well to Karen.

3. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

CE1249AB-7485-4B70-B92E-740F3EFD656B.jpeg

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Their home grown female fans should always have had masks required.

jes say'n

bam-bam likes this.
  5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Wait, there are Steelers fans who are actually FROM Pittsburgh?

6. rake

rake Need one of these

For 99% of us this Covid shit is basically a cold (at worst). For the FRACTION of far less than 1% who could die from influenza it is (at worst) a bad case of the flu. Yes, it is extremely contagious. .. so much so that in the practical sense it will not matter if there is general face coverage. I have probably had it already and so have many of you. The most fragile should probably shelter in place. The rest of us should be living normal lives.

bam-bam likes this.
  7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

"Wait, there are Steelers fans who are actually FROM Pittsburgh?"

[​IMG]

[huggybear]Word on the street...[/huggybear]

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I've got 9 coworkers that went from healthy as a horse to struggling to breath. With a few months of dealing with it we have drugs that help deal with the symptoms. It's basically the flu now. I've had the flu once. I do not want it ever again

9. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

You should post this in the NOTD to see who wants to argue to the death about it and take up shit tons of bandwidth with bullshit regurgitated talking points that'll be proven wrong three days later. lol

10. rake

rake Need one of these

I hear you coach. It’s very frustrating to know that so many are so willingly brainwashed by their fucking TVs.

bam-bam and Coach Micool like this.