1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Stanley Cup Finals- game 7

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by solarte1969, Jun 19, 2006.

1. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Do you think this is the biggest moment in NC Sports history?

2. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

I was born and raised in Greensboro. Grew up a UNC fan, completely oblivious to hockey until NC got a team. I started following, albeit casually, until the 2002 season. The run to the playoffs hooked me on the pucks. I (along with my brother, Franchise) was in the box seats for the greatest game ever played in Raleigh - game 3 between the Wings and the Canes, triple OT, Irbe had like 50 saves, Hasek probably had 40 or 45. We lost, but I have been a hockey fanatic ever since. For me, this is the greatest moment in sports for NC, the NCAA titles a close second, NASCAR not even on the same page. If the Panthers win, I agree it will be bigger than this, but this is oh so sweet.:woohoo:

For the record though, this is an absolutely pointless argument. If you love hockey, this has to be the greatest moment in sports for the state. If you don't then it isn't, simple as that. It is impossible that this can be objective.

3. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

How about lets say its the biggest moment in the history of NC (in terms of professional team sports).

For a little while...

4. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

It is a big moment in NC Sports history no doubt. This year it is certainly the biggest moment in NC sports history so far. If the Heelz win the CWS, then that will be a big sports moment. If the Morganton Little League team had won the LLWS, that would have been a big moment in NC sports history. It's a big moment but to trivialize it is dumb and Sorenson had the dumbest of all reasons . . . because hockey was on OLN. Well, so is the Tour d' France and it is a major sporting event in other parts of the world and even to some of us around here. I say the Stanley Cup is a major accomplishment. Best of 7, skating around on thin metal blades and kicking the crap out of each other with one night's rest in between . . . ? Those guys deserve a lot of credit. Hell, one of 'em, Adams, played the final two periods in game 7 with a broken wrist. Another one, Hedican I think, had an injured hip since April 24. Weight had to have a shot for a major shoulder separation just to lift the cup over his head after the game. Turf toe will keep those pussies in the NFL off the field and that bunch of idiots playing in the NBA finals couldn't carry the two NHL finals teams jocks.

If it takes a major network televising sporting events, then MLB doesn't qualify using Sorenson's logic since the MLB games listed in this morning's paper were on TBS and FoxSS and WGN . . . all cable networks and hardly major networks either.

Biggest moment in NC sports history? Who cares, but it's certainly right up there near the top so far.

5. Hurricane

Hurricane Natural Disaster

I think its different for everyone. And thats cool.

To me, the biggest sports moment in NC history was when Dale E. crashed and died. I'm not a fan if his sport, but it took my breath and just really say wow. It made me stop and think. A lot. And I think it did that for the whole state.

For me the canes winning is everything. Its a fucking HUGE thing to win. HUGE. You may not think so, but thats ok with me. In my heart, I know what it means to me, and to them.

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

wow a post from Hurricane which doesn't bash men. What IS the world coming to? :imagestor

7. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

I had forgotten about Dale Sr., overall that's got to be the biggest thing ever.

8. Hurricane

Hurricane Natural Disaster

I can't help it they give me so much material to work with.:trophy:

9. Fred

Fred .........

you people are worse than a bunch of under-screwed women!