1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Stanley Cup Finals- game 7

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by solarte1969, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

we all know that a greater percentage of hockey pucks (fans) from up north actually love the game more than we do. that is no surprise. to me, hockey is kind of a loyalist thing. there are those that love it, they will defend it to the end, they grew up playing on frozen ponds, rinks, neighborhood games, they'll watch any game on the tube, go to the minor league games, radio, idolize the players, dream of playing pro hockey, you name it. i can dig that. i dont usually watch hockey unless its the olympics or the NHL playoffs. i would be called the casual fan. those guys from up north cannot stand the fact that; first, Hartford lost its team to Raleigh; second "their" team won a cup under another name and in a new town........ in the SOUTH; three, that we cannot appreciate the accomplishment in a way that would give full glory to the team, the game, not the way that they would, not with the deep felt love and appreciation that they have for the game. we dont love it like they do. we cant. we have our niche and it fits us.....hoops, southern fried football, summer league baseball, racing, horse shoes, 'rassling. those guys up there love their game for real, its WHO they are. but pro sports is big business these days. loyalty takes a back seat to money. niches get swapped. hockey moves south. bottom line, our team, the Carolina Hurricanes, won the cup and i loved every minute of this magical run these guys made. i loved it. so did thousands of others around this area. they became fans. i am a fan now, im on board from here on out. stop the wagon in front of my house while i find somewhere to grab hold.

drop the puck

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  2. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Canes 3, Oilers 1

[​IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :banana: :D :jump: :thumbup: :banana: :jump: !!!!!!!!

Canes Win the Cup . . . Canes Win the Cup :) !!!!!!!!!!

3. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

Part of this has to do with nobody outside of Raleigh having TV or Radio rights to Canes games, so it's kinda hard for anyone to keep up with it. This all goes back to the lockout, they screwed themselves. I'm not defending the Canes or anything, but when a Pro sport has the playoffs broadcast on a seemingly generic cable station, there's not going to be much interest outside that team's general area.

How many people in Jacksonville care about the Heat winning the NBA finals?

4. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

From an outsiders perspective bringing the Stanley Cup to Raleigh is the greatest sporting achievement ive ever seen since ive lived in this State. Unless the Panthers win the SuperBowl it'll probably be the best ill ever see in my lifetime.

UNC winning the NCAA was pretty sweet, but they dont even compare to me. The Stanley Cup is probably the most famous and best looking trophy in the entire world. Probably the oldest trophy still been passed from team to team too. Many cups get replaced or redesigned or some teams get to keep the original after so many times winning it, but the Stanley Cup? Nothing compares IMO, whether you're into Hockey or not.

5. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

No offense but a lifelong hockey fan from Chicago saying that winning Stanley Cup is the greatest moment in NC Sports history is a little funny.

Of course you are entitled to think so but I just don't think that the population of NC would agree.

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

touche

7. Slans

Slans Habs Fan

Hey Im happy for the Canes I hope it increses there fan base.... and maybe more Tv chanels and radio will give them more air time....

Yous seem to forget that alot of us in Canada where folowing the series...we know abou the canes! We even respect them... hell afraid...they took out my team ...Ward saved the day...and they deserve the win they wee the better team!

Congrats to the canes and there Fans!!!!

:trophy:

8. Fred

Fred .........

I want a "Redneck Hockey" t-shirt!

:woot:

9. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I saw that, too. That was cool. :)

10. Hurricane

Hurricane Natural Disaster

I'm a chick. Was born in Charlotte, as were my parents. I've know about hockey since I was a baby.

It ain't that hard to know it exists around here. Duh. Some of you guys just have footballs shoved so far up your ass you can't see what else is out there.

Canes are on TV plenty. Fox Sports South. Pretty much every game. Ain't that hard to find. If a girl can find it, you'd think I guy could. Oh wait..nevermind I forgot, men are stupid. Ha.
    :satana: