1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Smith

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by chipshotx, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

Autograph time is at games or training camps. I think approaching someone while they are at a movie or eating with their family is tacky. My .02.

2. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

The only time I've done that type thing was in Sarasota during Spring Training. Ran into Tim Raines when he was with the White Sox. The waitress overheard my buddy and I and told us he would sign if we sent something over to him. We first declined, but she insisted it was OK. He signed and we sent him a beer to thank him. On his way out he stopped by the table and talked with us for about 10 minutes. Pretty cool guy.

3. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

That is cool! That is the way you should handle it. I bet most wouldn't care but it is just respectful to leave them be and let them enjoy their time off.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Or if they're standing at the urinal.

5. Ginger

Ginger Junior Member

Why would somebody with a state of the art facility at their disposal pretty much 24/7 and plenty of money to furnish themselves with a home gym work out at the Y?

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I guess that is a little different. I think you can judge if you pay attention whether or not it is a good time. When I saw Kevin Green he looked like he was in a hurry, maybe late for his movie, and was tired of waiting for his wife. Seemed like a bad time to bother him. If he had been just hanging our and happy I might have spoke to him. Tapping someone on the shoulder while they are doing reps is really bad form, celebrity or not.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Because his kids were there?

8. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

They have an extremely nice free weight room and sometimes you need a change of scenery to keep motivated for a workout. Maybe his kids are doing some kind of camp.

I've seen Smith, Beuerline, Jenkins, Okafor, Dell Curry & Bogues there as well.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

That's what I was thinking. I would imagine he could do all of his off season work at the stadium. As far as kids, these guys probably or should have pools. But who knows.
    As far as seeking autographs, let the guy do his job and wait for training camp. Although I bumped into Sam Mills at Carolina Place Mall. Wish I had asked him for one... sort of

10. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

Smitty probably wanted a more basic workout environment away from the stadium....kinda like Rocky before he fought Drago,when he worked out in the wilderness.

:20_3_5: