1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Smart Media Cards are a DUMB IDEA

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by cltbuilder, Feb 7, 2002.

1. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

I have a smart media card for my digital camera and a reader. Well, ol dumbass, my kitty, jumped up on the desk and knocked the card reader off onto the hardwood floor with the card inside. Now, normally, I wouldn't have thought twice, she's a big girl and she has a terrible sense of balance. She fell off the kitchen table this morning and the house shook. Literally. So now, my camera will not read the card. I think it bent it a little and I was wondering if anyone knows if this screwed the thing up? Any help?

2. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

I don't think so. I have a very fat cat named Fuzzie and he falls all the time. Well, actually he just kind of tucks and rolls. But he has fell off the kitchen table almost everytime he eats and it hasn't bothered him that I can see. If your cat starts liking you then you probably should take it in for a check-up.:)

3. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

Well, the question was about the smart media card, the cat was just biographical background information....However, my cat does lick my arm pits some nights while I am asleep. Gives me some really fucked up hallucinations about things most people would never care to hear about.
    [​IMG]

4. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

I said "Liking" not "Licking". But if she is "licking" you then it probably came from the bump on the head when she fell off the table.

5. Fred

Fred .........

I'm sure that's a safe bet! Remind to avoid the hell of out of that cat this weekend. :eek:

6. dig-it

dig-it Guest

Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera? You can also reformat it with the reader, but with the camera is better. Thank goodness smartmedia is not too expensive. You can get new 64MB cards for <$30.

dig-it

7. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

Yeah dig-it...I tried in the computer cause half the time i can only get the card to read in record mode. Still no good. I think that card is physically challenged now. :(