1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Skipping meals when dieting

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine Forum' started by Thelt, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I have always read and heard that you should not do this but I tried it this past week and it seemed to jump start my efforts. I had put on about 5 or so pounds over Thanksgiving but it is gone now after five days of only eating once per day.

2. Mama Duck

Mama Duck Bless your heart.

I had heard this too, but for the past year, I have taken to eating once a day with maybe a light snack too. Lost a large amount of weight with the just cutting back. I know they say it reduces you metabolism, but just the lower caloric intake must be helping. Also helps that I work 12 hour shift and have no way of snacking at night though.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I am taking diet pills so I can go all day without eating. The diet pills do not work well when I start eating though. Once I take the first bite it is hard to stop. If I wait until the last meal of the day to eat anything significant then it is easier than have to will myself to stop during three meals.

4. Honeygirl

Honeygirl Frisky Tart

I think you need to do what works for you - and if skipping a meal helps and is working - then do it. I did the Optifast thing for a while, and that helped initially. If it's working for you - then keep at it :cheer:.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think the Nike logo is profound if you really think about it. "just do it", if you think about it too much and try to make it too perfect you will fail.

6. yhatemetoo

yhatemetoo Full Access Member

left hanging on every word

7. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I agree. As long as you're not sacrificing your overall health, and your docs don't have a problem with it, keep on it!

8. FAN01

FAN01 Full Access Member

I totally dropped eating breakfast 2 months ago because I'm just not hungry in them mornings. It was a pain trying to force myself to eat "the most important meal of the day". I then stumbled upon IF, intermittent fasting. Do a google but basically it takes weeks, sometimes months for your metabolism to slow down from a calorie restricted diet. There are tons of benefits from fasting once or twice a week or for just 16 hours or so at a time.

I also found a diet, called the Warrior Diet, that is all about eating one meal a day. It fit in well with my schedule and how my body works and I've basically been doing it but modified with a small lunch, a protein, fruit, and veg.

So no, skipping meals can only help you as long as it doesn't cause you to loose it from being hungry and go on an eating binge.

9. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

diets fail

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

That is interesting. Do you actually do the fast one day, eat the next day thing?