1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Skating Scandal

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by BigMark, Feb 13, 2002.

1. BigMark

BigMark Guest

ABC news reprted this morning that the French judge has admitted (off the record) to swapping votes with the Russians for the ice dancing later on this week.

The commentator said sanctions against that judge are probable, and a medal swap, while unlikely, isn't out of the realm of possibility.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

French ...enough said.:mad:

3. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I don't know shit about ice skating but Scot Hamilton did a evaluation of each team on a split screen last night. You could clearly see the canadian team had the better performance when the two teams were shown side by side. those judges should be banned for life.

4. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Everyone knows that the Russians will always win the Gold Medal in ice skating. They have some god-forsaken awesome record in that...something like 11 straight gold medals in that sport.

This scandal will definitely cause this sport to go downhill in a big way...of course, not many of us will notice anyway.

5. Stargazer

Stargazer American Girl

Of course the Russians will always win the Gold Medal . . . with judging like that. I've heard quiet rumors for years. I hope they clean it up.

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Check out the Russian guy. Looks like she let one and he's holding his breath:

[​IMG]

7. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Better still is the Canadian skater's "eat shit and die" look she's giving!

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I don't know. It kinda looks like she's looking around like, 'Maybe he'll think it's her.'