1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Rodney Peete LOL

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Y2Buddy, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

2. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

And while we're on the subject, someone please explain to me how this is a good signing. Talk about too many roster spots for ST players, we could've hired this guy as a QB assistant coach. He threw 17 passes in 1999, and 0 since. I'm sorry, but to me a veteren QB means he's experienced and ready to play, mentally and physically. If Weinke goes down we'd better be able to run the ball 10 times in a row. Why is this guy on the roster? What purpose could he serve that Harbaugh could not?

Attached Files:

3. VOR

VOR Guest

I am offically a Dolphins fan again Fuck this shit

WWWWWaaaaiiitittttt a minute Where there's Roddney there's Holley. JR has finally come to this. Signing a guy so fans will come the stadium to see his wife. Not a good sign

4. boo-urns

boo-urns Guest

after june 1 more/younger quartbacks are likely to be released....I'm thinking Peete's role will be the 3rd stringer/mentor and they will bring someone in that could be somewhat capable of competing with Weinke...competition is always good. Many of the starting caliber free agent qb's are waiting to see what the Texans do...which won't be until after June 1 when they can talk to all qb's for their starter and mentor to Carr...plus the longer they wait, the cheaper they will be.

The Panthers may even draft a number 2 qb.

5. VOR

VOR Guest

What's he gonna tutor quaterbacks on how to become a waste of talent?

6. flyfisher

flyfisher Guest

Can he run?

7. boo-urns

boo-urns Guest

probably more along the lines of reading pass defenses before the play, helping study film to pick out defesive player's weeknesses and tendancies, etc.

I'm not sure if Rodney ever was a "talent" to begin with...he made up for a lack of a lot of talent with his brains...but his skills never could make his a legit starting qb...kinda like ty detmer.

8. boo-urns

boo-urns Guest

About 10 years and 20 pounds ago he was considered mobile...but he can't take a hit and usually fumbles when he does.

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Bitch better give up that #16.

10. reb

reb 1riot1reb

:suicide: