1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Replacement GM

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Oct 22, 2012.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I remember the name and he has made the rounds on either talk radio (ESPN I think) and then again on one of the television pregames. I guess he's the NFL version of Isiah Thomas

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I guess that's similar. I don't know. I don't hate him for his Oakland days, and I haven't heard him much on the radio. But he's a similar guy to some others I've seen that aren't dying to work in the industry if people are willing to listen, and I don't like self-promotional guys having their hands on this franchise.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

I can't imagine that Lombardi would be the consultant, especially since he's reporting rumors on the team through his NFL Post. If he had contact with the team in that capacity and then used that for his site then he'd be done with the NFL.

4. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

But....but....he's a Lombardi!

Fucking hope he's not the guy.

5. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Rosinksi sorta floating the Cowher idea, though I'm not sure of the context

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I've been thinking on this a bit, looking into successful teams front offices as "potential" GM candidates. This morning I was listening to ESP I think either Trent Dilfer or Jawarski and they mentioned San Francisco's GM Trent Baalke as one of the leagues best talent evaluator. Looking at his staff led me to Joel Patten. His has a long history of scouting having worked with Baalke for a few years. former player, went to college at Duke. Anyone have an opinion on him?

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I really don't know Patten, but then I don't know if I'd say Baalke is one of the best evaluators either (I guess his picks over time weren't awful, and it's not his fault they had Nolan/Singletary coaching them).

So I looked into it a little - former player, including that USFL thing that always adds just a little street cred. Has experience, not the worst guy in the world, nothing necessarily stands out, either.

8. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

We'd have to make him the highest paid coach in football, in addition to giving him major influence over personnel. Pittsburgh hasn't missed a beat with Tomlin so I'm not sure if it'd even be worth it.

9. TOTALPACKAGE

TOTALPACKAGE VOODOO MEMBER

my bet is Cowher,
    GM / Head Coach.

That way Mr Bojangles can pay the money but get a 2 for 1. Gm and Coach for one larger salary. Like a 2 for 1 eggbo biscuit

10. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I doubt it happens. But he's an upgrade over anything we've ever had here, so I'd be fine with that.