1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

RAM

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Fred, Feb 7, 2002.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Seriously, though, run as much as you can afford. I run a clean Gig of ram but I overclock.

2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I really see no need in overclocking these days. Unless you just like to! CPU are so fast and cheap these days. I would like to learn myself just so I know I can.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    It's not like it used to be, but part of that's because of what you said. I've overclocked to an inch of a CPU's life before, but now I'm only pulling 16% or so. Just something to get a little something more.

4. PantherMills

PantherMills Guest

Question...If you go to Start: Run: Msconfig: Startup:, is there anyway to remove these items from this area without removing the program(or drivers) itself? I know you can check and uncheck it, but how do you remove it? I'd like to set mine back to normal startup. I've probably got a hundred items in there that are unchecked that I don't need to have loaded at bootup.

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

If they're unchecked, they're not loading. If uninstalling the corresponding software doesn't work, you'll probably have to find it in the registry. I haven't found a really good registry clean-up tool for the lack of time, but that might be looking into as well.

6. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

you better know what you are doing if you go into the registry or you better have al of your important files backed up/

7. sdawg

sdawg Guest

what OS are you running? I love my Windows 2000!!!! It allocates memory where it needs to be and also has a task manager to see where your resources are going and how much is available and used...