1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Playing 2020 season

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Apr 21, 2020.

How will the games be played

1. Full stadiums

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Empty stadiums

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. No season

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

What are the odds will grier gets cut in favorr of the xfl guy?

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Odds are, I would be ok with it.

3. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Hang in there little campers. It’ll al be over in 4 years or so.

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

How long did the Jimmy stick around after Cam was drafted? Use that as your template.

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Cam Newton and the XFL guy. One of these is not like the other. Clausen hung around for three years despite being terrible. Matt Moore was the first casualty of the Newton selection.

Although, as bad as he was, Clausen was still better as a rookie than what Grier showed last season. Unless he makes a big jump, I think Grier gets cut next spring. The second year is too quick for most GMs to give up on a third round investment. The most likely scenario is that Teddy gets hurt for a game or two and Grier looks awful as the backup, and Walker comes in and outplays him.

6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I'm sure if there were preseason grier or walker would be getting a trip to IR with a minor shoulder injury after 3 turnovers against the steelers 3rd string.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I like the way you think. Tweak a knee Grier and you get paid a year

8. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I stopped watching the NBA when the Hornets left town, and MLB when they cancelled the World Series. The NFL is on thin ice with me right now, I'm really glad I didn't have to buy my tickets this year.

9. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Other sports besides the nfl/college football just aren't worth my time, other than championships, etc. I do go to NCSU and Hurricane games some and watch them in the playoffs. Primarily because I get free tx. My kids aren't involved with those anymore, so my attention isn't great now that way.

I've been looking for a good excuse to liberate me from 'wasting' Sundays for the nfl and this shite is pushing me that way. But hey, every time I start to do just that, the Panthers find a way to hold my attention and I'm back full force.

But this - one year that shows respectability and promise, then three years nearly sucking to sucking and then a bunch of drama shit is just getting old as hell, unfortunately.

I've been an ardent fan since 1995, tx holder, etc. But my patience is getting thin, like CJ's. The drama and politics are a turn off, definitely, when coupled with the previous statement.

10. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

In the early fall there's a really nice group ride at 2pm that I miss because of the NFL. The only times I've made it in the past several years are during our bye weeks or when we play on Thursday, Sunday or Monday nights. I might make a lot more of those rides this year.