1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PJ Hairston

Discussion in 'College Basketball Forum' started by gottalaff, Jul 26, 2013.

1. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

PJ Hairston...

A little birdie told me that "more than likely" PJ will be suspended until January 2014.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I was seeing something in paper recently that the NCAA had a chart that based upon the $$$ of inappropriate benefits a person received equated to a # of games. Something like 3 games for up to $750? and so on.
    I'd expect the University to go above that up to conference play. So 2014 is what I would think as well.
    Pretty stupid on his part regardless

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

:lach:

GoHeels18 All-American
    3368 posts this site
    Posted: Today 12:41 PM

RE: BREAKING: Hairston Suspended

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add this officer to the list of individuals, organizations, media, and government officials who have hated us for years.

---------------------------------------------
    --- DerikMLetsGoHeels wrote:

I'm telling you guys that Officer knew exactly what he was doing. I have a good feeling he seen exactly who it was and took full advantage of it. What officer has a press conference for a speeding citation?? not saying PJ is right but i drive on i-85 daily and get passed while doing 85.

--- AppalachianTarHeel wrote:

Interesting. I have driven on that highway many of time and you can be going 80 and still get passed regularly

--- wild360 wrote:

Wait, he was going 93 in a 65...but on I-85? Depending on where he was at he was probably just keeping up with traffic.

I'm not condoning it, or saying he shouldn't be punished, but let's have some perspective folks.

:rofl:

5. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Longtime UNC tutor quits, calls out coach for Hairston treatment - CBSSports.com

Longtime UNC tutor quits, calls out coach for Hairston treatment

By Matt Norlander | College Basketball WriterOctober 7, 2013 11:14 am ET

A man who tutored athletes at North Carolina-Chapel Hill for more than two decades publicly announced his decision to leave in a terse letter to Roy Williams. The letter was published in the Daily Tar Heel, UNC's student paper, and addressed to Williams in regard to the coach's course of action toward star forward P.J. Hairston.

Hairston was the subject of three run-ins with law enforcement during the offseason, and after the third, in late July, Williams indefinitely suspended his junior forward. In spite of the to-be-determined suspension for regular-season games, Hairston has been practicing with the team since official practices began in late September.

This prompted Jack Halperin to fire off a quick letter and end his academic employment affiliation with the university.

The letter reads, in full: "Roy, after 23 years as an academic tutor, and after going through the devastating football scandal, I am resigning in protest of your disgraceful decision to allow P.J. Hairston to remain on the team. If I were arrested driving with no license, illegal drugs and a gun in a felon's car, my employment at this University would end immediately. Hairston's DTH headline quote was, 'I will play this season.' Since when does the criminal decide his fate?

Jack Halperin
    Athletic academic tutor."

Williams has commented this offseason on his decision not to comment on Hairston's status. Halperin's reference to a missing license, illegal drugs and a gun refers to a June 5 traffic stop, wherein Hairston and two other men were pulled over in a car that was rented to an ex-convict. Hairston had the drug-possession charges dropped six weeks later. The gun in question was actually outside the car, according to the police report. No one claimed ownership of it and no charges related to its possession were brought forth.

North Carolina begins its season at home Nov. 8 against Oakland. The team will host its "Late Night with Roy" festivities on Oct. 25. That could be Hairston's first major public appearance since this summer's transgressions.