1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers on being drafted by the Panthers...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by BigMark, Mar 27, 2002.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    He's okay? He sounds reserved, at best.

2. Stargazer

Stargazer American Girl

He doesn't sound real enthusiastic, does he? I mean, I'm sure he would rather be drafted by a Super Bowl contending team, but he doesn't sound like he is much interested in helping turn around this team. Makes you doubt that he's much of a team player.

I guess the coaching staff will have to weigh his talent against his attitude. Glad I'm not in their shoes!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You people are unbelievable. Ok now the guy isn't a team guy. He said "I don't have a problem playing here". Why read anything into that.

On another note, I think the Panthers might just be thinking really hard about drafting McKinnie. He is still IMO, the best player in the draft. Yes, Peppers would raise excitement much more because of his local fan base - but for flat out the best guy available, that is McKinnie. Draft him and you can forget about the bust factor (as long as he is healthy). However, I would take Peppers or McKinnie a feel lucky. We'll see.

4. Piper

Piper Guest

McKinnie didn't have the greatest Pro Day, his stock may have slipped a bit.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Because we're not diehard Carolina fans. I don't want to play that card, but it does very well point to that.

He said "I'll deal with it". What do you deal with? Problems, situations. You don't "deal" with being happy about being drafted by your hometown team.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2002
  6. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

Boy you guys are up his ass already. He is really going to be under a microscope. Just my opinion ofcourse, but maybe he just really doesn't know what to say. Maybe he didn't like that reporter, maybe like the Panthers not really wanting to tip their hand, he's trying too hard to hide the fact he's pumped about the Panthers. But then again, we were 1-15 last year. Ofcourse if they were talking about going the Rams, he wouldn't say "I'll deal with it". Maybe his agent told him to not act like anything. If the Panthers know he wants to come here, they'll use that come contract time. They play all kinds of games. It's all about the money. It's all new to him, he's not even a rookie yet. Let's all wait until he's drafted to judge his attitude.

7. p2k1f

p2k1f Guest

you know, i bet he get's teased about all the speculation of us drafting him. other guys are jealous of his position so they make fun of him for getting 'stuck' with us. the guys who are saying they really want to play here would all be lucky as hell to get taken #2. i know from seeing jp getting interviewed before that he is an underspoken guy. he never spouted off at the mouth while being interviewed after a bball game he played well in . he's like that. it's a completely different thing than if chris carter would have said that. he'ld say something like that if he had 5 sacks in a game and the game winning fumble recovery. ' how did you do it jp' ' well, i just dealt with what they threw at me'. it's typical for him. that's exactly what he would say.

8. dig-it

dig-it Guest

Some one needs to tell him that if the Panthers pick him at #2, then he gets #2 money. Tell me if I`m wrong, but the number #2 pick would only make less than one other person in the draft.
    That is, ifs its all about money.

dig-it