1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Peppers on being drafted by the Panthers...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by BigMark, Mar 27, 2002.

1. BigMark

BigMark Guest

"if that's what happens, I'll deal with it. I don't have a problem playing here"

Wow, he sounds thrilled.
    :rolleyes:

2. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

If he doesn't want to be here, come April the Panthers can probably give him 40-50 million reasons to change his mind.

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

"I don't have any control over it. If that's what happens, I have to deal with it." - Julius Peppers response to a question regarding his draft status falling due to a lackluster 40 time and slipping during drills. The reponse had nothing to do with the Panthers.

Well I think Peppers is an awesome talent but still don't think the Panther's should blow their whole wad on one player. I would rather they trade down for more picks. Peppers will not save the Panthers.

4. BigMark

BigMark Guest

NBC6 showed the entire clip, his next sentance was, "I don't have a problem playing here." Obviously he wasn't talking about "here" as Chapel Hill. I'm not saying we shouldn't take him, just that he doesn't seem too thrilled to be drafted by us. Quite frankly, I can't blame him.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    fuck that. Whether he wants it or not he should have a good attitude. I'm leaning toward Jammer.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I wouldn't read too much into it, he's playing it neutral. He's not exactly saying he'd prefer to in Carolina, then again he isn't saying he'd prefer to be somewhere else.
    I am back to the idea of trading down.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    he wasn't asked about anywhere else.

8. Xcaliber

Xcaliber Guest

It definitely sounds like he doesn't want to be here, but it doesn't make sense. You get the chance to play pretty much at home or some other team likely the Lions. Jammer atleast sounded excited about playing in Carolina.

9. reb

reb 1riot1reb

Lets trade him for someone who already knows what you have to do to play NFL football.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Those statements don't bother me. The man said he doesn't have a problem playing here. Sure, the dude would like to go to the Super Bowl champs - but he's ok with the worst team in the league.