1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PDAs

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by TeachNC, Feb 9, 2002.

1. TeachNC

TeachNC Guest

What's the best PDA out there right now? Any recommendations?

2. BigMark

BigMark Guest

I have a Palm m105. It's not the best by any means, but it's got great bang for the buck ($150). It's got 8mb internal memory and I have probably 100 addresses and about a dozen games as well as my calendar and a few other apps and I'm only using about 5% of my space. It's B&W and no MP# player or anything, but for 150, I don't think you can beat it.

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

the BEST one is a Compaq IPAQ... the Microsoft Windows For pocket PC is bad as hell... but its about $200 more than the PALM version... it all depends what you want... the more you're willing to spend the better your product

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I'm not sure if they still make them, but you can get a Palm m100 for $100 and use a little more percentage of space that Big Mark is. I use it mostly to move data between my home and work desktops.

5. BigMark

BigMark Guest

Yeah, they still make the m100, and I was leaning that way, but I got a great deal on my 105, so it was worth it. The difference between teh 2 is 2mb on the M100 and 8 on the 105. If you want a lot more room, the m125 is usually around 200 and has 8 internal + an expansion slot.

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

You right. It usually comes down to preference. Or whether someone gives it to you.

7. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Does anyone know anything about internet ready pdas'? Do you have to pay for a service or monthly fee?

8. BigMark

BigMark Guest

Yeah, they pretty much work on the same idea as cell phones. You pay for minutes (I'm not sure if there are peak times or anything like that).

9. sdawg

sdawg Guest

I wouldn't buy one

I had a Sony Clie for 5 months and couldn't deal with keeping up with it anymore. My cell phone has the same features...you might want to look into one of those ;)