1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Pasquareli Tidbits from ESPN

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by T_Schroll, Mar 29, 2002.

1. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Found two interesting tidbits in today's article.

Jeff Blake, LP says Blake may not end up in Buffalo or Washington, says Fox may want him as he may not be sold on Weinke.

Peppers, says there's a rumor that Peppers has told the Panthers that he doesn't want to play here. Too much pressure being the hometown hero. Both Peppers and his agent are denying the rumor.

Given our cap situation i don't see how we can sign both without major cuts or more restucturing,

Blake would be an upgrade as backup and could give Weinke a run for his money as starter. I couldn't see that much money tied up at QB though given Blake's apparent contract demands.

The Peppers thing may have some legs though, given all the trade down talk and us having Jammer come in next week and no mention of a Peppers visit yet. Hmm?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah, that's definately something that "just happened" to come up suddenly after Peppers says he'll "deal with" being drafted here. He's seconding his own motion while he's denying anything's taking place. Hey, as long as we get at least a 3 out of it I'm more than able to welcome Jammer into this team, and he'll beat his chest and talk of helping this team rather than himself and how he'll suffer through the days until someone else comes along and makes this team good.

But I don't know that we can or should pick Jammer at 2.

3. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

My first thought is who is the agent for Peppers and does he have a "past" with the Panthers? Peppers has got to understand that Panthers are his best opportunity to be successful. Between Fox and Del Rio, one of the most respected Def. combo's in the league, and the easiest schedule. Look Junior, if you ain't ready for the pressure of being a pro, stay in school. One other thing. If a team trades for you, a lot more pressure will follow than what you would have had here. They will have to give up more to get you, so expectaions will be higher.

Blake? Look Fox, if you want Blake for a back-up, ok. But what are we doing with Peete? Now if you want Blake because your not sold on Weinke, then that's messed up. Trade down and use some of that 40-50 we save from Peppers and go get Bledsoe. Better yet, swap picks with Denver and get Griese and trade Weinke for another pick. I'm sure Shanahan would love the #2 pick.

4. p2k1f

p2k1f Guest

i'm glad i read the article for myself before responding to your take on it. i really didn't get the same thing out of it as you did.

5. T_Schroll

You probably wouldn't, afterall you're still trying to get the Lions to trade us their 1st, 2nd, and a 4th that they no longer have for Peppers.

6. Piper

Piper Guest

Rather see if anyone's offering more, and go down a little more, than go with just a #3 and switch with Buffalo. No, I don't really feel like signing a 40 million dollar contract for a corner.

Best case value wise would be the Saints, we could get our choice of the second tier ends or CBs with the second #1, and pick up the best back with the top pick, or go with one of those top 4 DTs.

If Henderson should fall that far, he's a thought for DE. He's bulked up to 310 pounds, so we'b probably ask him to slim down to 290 or so. At that weight, he ran about a 4.8 this time last year on TN's track. He ran just under 5.0 this year on TNs new slower track.

7. reb

reb 1riot1reb

Get Greise?:banana: Be still my heart.

8. T_Schroll

Could have had him last year for a 1st & a 3rd as a RFA, He'll cost more now, with the holes we have, we can't afford it. If we're that damn desperate for a QB, just pick Harrington at #2 since Peppers apparently thinks he's too good to play for us.

9. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I don't think we'll trade down w/ the Saints, just too tricky dealing with an inter-divisional trade. I still think the Raiders would be a good deal.
    At this point, I think trading down is a must with all the recent talk on Peppers. Jammer @ #2 is going to be a little more than he's worth.

10. T_Schroll

Dude, trading down from 2 to 21 ain't that good of a deal. Taking Jammer who would go in no more than 2-3 picks later and wants to be here sure beats paying some one who doesn't that kind of money regardless of his supposed talent.