1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs. Saints Running Commentary 10/07/07

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Savio, Oct 7, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Some don't. Some QBs aren't supposed to be long term solutions. Who consistently just goes from vet QB to vet QB and has actual success?

one year. And on the second year, we're just SOL? What happens when various QBs don't combine to be worth anything? How many games is it worth losing to not spend money?

So saying "...a year" is incorrect?

119 yards against a 29th ranked defense. Two drives he converted first downs, one of them being Foster's.

sure, because you say so.
    We did win. We don't win without that one drive.
    I gave him credit for that. Up to then, he'd done little, and after that, he did little. One drive. Not enough. We need more than one drive.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Unless the expectations for Carr are ridiculously low because he's low-paid and ridiculously high for Jake only because he's well paid. Or something like that. There's certainly a disconnect on how they're being judged, and I don't like money being the primary concern. I want the output to be the primary concern.

3. Piper

Piper phishin member

He was good and bad at times. I don't think he was inaccurate today, when given time he kept his eyes downfield for the most part and made some throws. Line did a good job of protecting.

He likes to work outside a lot.

The bad is the pressure, or if the intial reads are not there. He does hold the ball, he doesn't do well against pressure. He can be a little bit quick to check down if he gets rattled. And he had the one bad throw that was picked.

But he was better than last week, and you could argue better than Brees today. He's really struggling with anything deep, and his recievers seem to have the drops.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Awesome, we're back to the "everybody else is doing it" defense. I really can't believe that your mother never taught you the fallacy in that reasoning.
    The same thing that happens when people pay QBs a lot of money and they fall off in performance. You act like it's guaranteed that a quarterback will continue to be productive just because they have before. Sometimes they just have bad seasons, like Brees.
    The idea is that you win more games by spending your money more wisely. For instance, instead of Jake and Deke Cooper we could have had Jeff Garcia and Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin. But as I've acknowledged, we had enough cap space and didn't make a move for a safety anyway, so it's not like Jake actually cost us that. In theory, though, when you drastically overspend on any player it means you have to go cheap somewhere else.
    No. What part of 38 divided by 4 did you not understand? Jake's extension added $38 million for four additional years. That's $9.5 million per additional season.
    Play-calling, chief. You don't want to blame Davidson because he's your precious baby, while you love to demonize Carr since he's a threat to your sweetheart Delhomme. Carr was accurate when actually asked to throw, which they didn't do much until the 4th quarter. He got the job done. There is no justification for you saying that he was "awful," "crap," or "ineffective."

5. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

it wont pretty

6. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Granted, Carr is new to this team, but the guy is a former #1 overall draft pick with more NFL starts than Delhomme has to date...shouldn't we be expecting more from him instead of less?

7. Stargazer

Stargazer American Girl

Check

8. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

I got to make some few point

I think we learn today that Jake is much better QB then Carr is.I mean take a look at the INT by Carr a very good QB like Jake don't make this INT.

Also we must all agree that if we want to win the NFC south and go a long way in the playoff and maybe win the SB.The OLine must Improve it play next week .There is no excuse that we could not run the ball.Also I think we can agree keary colbert that has Improve his play compeer to what he did last year and in 04.In this Case we should throw more to him.

I also I still don't understand why Danny crossman still have a job.Also maybe can someone told me this but did not we not draft Ryne Robinson so he can return punt. thought the plan was to use Steve smith to return only on emergency. Also when ever Dan Morgan come back is there anyway to move him to outside and keep Beason in the MLB. i thought the did a very good job consider that he has never start at MLB or Calls Defense of play.

Also anther thing i think our FS and SS should get alt of credit other then the big play that Chris Harris got beat on i thought that he and Deke Cooper did keep the Saints WR from getting big plays.Also Credit should go out for the defense for making sure that saints TE did not have big plays.Overall had it not been for the defense we would be talking about 2-3 panthers team and how john fox should be Fired and saying that we want Bill cower.Make no mistake we are not the best team in the NFC.But if Jake can come back and we start running the ball much better.And Defense can come up with QB sacks then might be able to fight with teams like Cowboys and GB and Wash SEA for top spot in the NFC

9. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

he made that int like 8 times last year

10. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

Well but that was last year.Also don't you agree with me that had Jake play today we would have score more then 16?