1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Ravens Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Aug 18, 2021.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Payton has moved up to the belichik let them hire your shitty coaches game plan. It's a good way to poison your rivals and strengthen yourself.

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Last night was the first time I can remember leaving a game at halftime. Not because the game was complete shit - which it was, and I'll get to that - but because being at the game was giving me a headache. The constant stream of vapid nonsense being cranked out by the stadium is like something out of a Black Mirror episode. There's literally no break. It's an endless drone of hip hop instrumentals, advertisements, graphic overlays, announcements, salutes, warnings, and recommendations.

Occasionally, we got a token tribute to The Old World. Thomas Davis made an appearance at halftime, giving a speech about enduring adversity in pursuit of your dreams, in front of a non-captive audience preoccupied with their Twitter feeds and Draft King prop bets. The guy sitting next to us, a Ravens fan who looked like a fatter John Harbaugh, never lifted his head from his phone. I wanted to ask him questions. Are you from Baltimore? What do you do? Where is your family? But then I realized this man was just another brainwashed victim of sensory overload. He wasn't a "fan" per se, just another obedient subject. This just made me sad, so we got up and left.

Anyway, about the game:

- I get that everyone is busy cheating on their spouse with Facebook, but I'm still surprised that one is talking about the defense being a 3-4. Not a "hybrid" almost 3-4. Snow is installing and running a full out 3-4 defense. This is what Panther fans wanted for the last 25 years. Now it's here, and nobody cares. A sign of the times.

- Darnold only threw like three passes, but he looks like the same quarterback who wrecked Adam Gase's career. He holds the ball forever and can't sit still in the pocket. Why was he waiting so long to hit Anderson on that first throw. Robbie was fucking standing there and Darnold was double clutching the ball. Do that shit in the regular season and it's an easy pick 6.

- Burns is excellent, and Reddick will be a fun toy. The front five looks spectacular and deep. The other six look sketchy. Inside linebacker becomes a major concern if Josh Bynes has to play meaningful snaps.

Honestly, the fact that the defense might be solid, or even very good, is just depressing. It's like having large amounts of worthless currency. I have a feeling that the first half of last night's game will be a common occurrence in the regular season - the defense plays hard, the offense comes up short. Lots of close, low scoring losses. In other words, same shit different year.

- The team's bizarre commitment to Joey Slye will cost them games in 2021. The good news is the Panthers will be well positioned to draft a quarterback and abort the Darnold experiment. It will be hilarious watching the team hype up a different QB for a third consecutive year.

- Pump your breaks about Frankie Luvu. A guy dominating third stringers just tells me that a guy can dominate third stringers. He looks like a core special teamer who can add 2-3 sacks per year. Fine, but that's already Marquis Haynes.

- Horn needs to be playing more. The transition for press man college corner to NFL cover 3/quarters corner is massive. It feels like the team is afraid he'll suck in the preseason, so they're delaying the inevitable struggles and bad headlines to the actual games.

That's all I have. I hope everyone has a terrific Sunday.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    brandonray99, rake and Coach Micool like this.
  3. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I don't think Joey Slye will be on the roster in September

PantherPaul likes this.
  4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

5. presidence99

6. rake

rake Need one of these

I don’t “like” your observations B&B but I respect your opinions enough to know that it will likely be yet another disappointing year. .. in largest part because Darnold is not looking good. Coincidentally teddy HAS looked pretty good as a donko so far.
    Oh well

7. presidence99

If TV tells me anything its law enforcement, drug dealing, or dock work.

Bold to assume they'll draft a QB, theres gonna be a lot of vet retreads just sitting out there tempting us.
    Spoiler cats fans Rodgers isn't coming here so just give up the fantasy now and you can't be hurt later.

8. Black&Black

Yeah. Green Bay won't trade him to an NFC team. Rodgers will bring management his list of teams, and they'll trade him to his top preferred AFC team. Likely Denver.

9. Black&Black

Grier is everyone's favorite whipping boy, and while he sucks, I don't see any difference between him and Darnold. All three quarterbacks share similar traits. Antsy in the pocket, decent arm strength, decent athleticism, questionable decision making, etc.

Darnold is just the Bitcoin version of the three. His value is completely based on hype.

presidence99 likes this.
  10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Every talking head I've heard said teddy will be holding a clip board during the regular season