1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Packers Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah, Allen should run some with grit too. On the ez int, he could've easily gotten to the ez, or close, which would have been fine. Growing though, hopefully. I wanted to have a scape goat to pin this loss on.

I was thinking Allen, who could've actually run some and made a good difference...but seems to have good promise. Damn good swagger and good play too. Actually he's doing better than should be expected. No, not him.

To all the little mistakes like 18 plus others on special teams. Emblematic of a couple of his lapses of being discipled all around. Sure, some.

But the run fits with this weak 3-4 set up is not fast and physical enough to make up for getting pushed around. And, or failing at it by scheme missed assignments. Or both. Or all of it.

Also, Turner puzzles me on some of his playcalling at times. When we are within the 10 yd line, why do we forget about 22 except on last ditch efforts?

I'm leaning to the dumbass mistakes, especially in the secondary, and soft af defense. They have no sustained contain on the rush, no run plugging fit and no discipline. That's a loss against a seasoned, savvy winner.

Where's 53?

Sure, Allen makes some mistakes, but he dosen't miss tackles like 25 and 33. Missed tackles a plenty.

It's just all of it to be middle of the pack. Which is not terrible, but not preferable either.

Having to play with a handicap of some calls and non-calls doesn't help either.

Weird this was what I expected in the end. The mistakes raise my blood pressure.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Reid sucked, but he's been a solid football player this year overall, and I can't complain too much about a secondary that shut Aaron Rodgers out of the endzone despite missing a starting CB. My primary concern is teams being able to run right up the middle with impunity. That should not be happening in the NFL, especially when you have the talent we have there. Rivera needs to fix this if he wants to stick around.

sawdawg and Coach Micool like this.
  3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

It`s too bad the Panthers didn`t have their version of a Fridge Perry for situations like last night.

4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I'm not convinced that he didn't get in. Van Roten pulled him pretty far forward. We'll never know for sure. I don't argue with the final ruling though. There was no good angle.