1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Falcons Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Oct 27, 2020.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

I get a feeling Newman is a “me first” guy, but I’ll give him more of a look. I have seen plenty of Trask and I can’t agree with the hype on him. Seen recent comparisons to big ben and I don’t see that “IT” with Trask. I have seen him in losing efforts to LSU, GA, and recently vs A&M. Aside from Lawrence I don’t think there is a “franchise QB” in the draft. Fields is yet another effective college QB that will not be elite as a pro. Lance is too big a gamble since he hasn’t faced much competition. Only Lawrence would make sense to me to be a quick enough upgrade to bridgewater but even if only the hapless jets were picking ahead it would cost too much to get Sir Lawrence of ALabia.

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Is there anywhere the team would add a pick that you wouldn't say we need an upgrade there? Running back, WR are the only 2 i can think of. The team has improved greatly but still needs a couple of good drafts and some smart free agent moves to get back to playoff contender

Hopefully we can trade down with some desperate bunch of retards (fleecing them instead of being them) and get ammo for a future trade up for a qb they like.

rake likes this.
  3. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Next year our first couple picks should be a Center and an OT. I would like to see us build a foundation that will set a young QB up for success before going after a young QB. And for what it's worth, half of the starting QBs in the league were taken outside of the top 10, and a third of them weren't even taken in the first round. If we were able to get our line right I would be fine running with PJ Walker until we got the right guy.

The last time I really liked our offensive line was in 2009. That sucks to type, the team needs to do better.

rake likes this.
  4. rake

rake Need one of these

The trade down/pick haul to skip reaching for a franchise QB would be awesome. .. but with a carolina front office what are the odds. (
    I agree on O-line first day too but one again. .. what are the odds. Starting to feel like unless there is a no-brainer corner stone all pro O-lineman with pick one just go ALL D again, AND get a FA upgrade or two to start building a team that can stop somebody.

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The team needs another LB to pair with Shaq. Chinn has become a fan favorite but I don't see him as more than a gadget player for the defense. Whitehead is horrible. The DBs are horrible. I like the defensive line, but the rest isn't up to snuff.

All things considered, Snow is doing a good job of limiting points allowed, so that's a positive. Teddy has had the ball in his hands three straight weeks with a chance to tie or win, and he hasn't come through. He's still under review, in my opinion.

DogBoy and Bull Moose like this.
  6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

One punt in two weeks.

7. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

When trailing by one possession with under 2:00 to play, here is Teddy Bridgewater’s situational production this season.

2-8
    25% comp
    61 yards
    0 TD
    2 INT
    1 sack

Black&Black likes this.
  8. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

It's not a bad play.
    Brady kind of chokes as a play caller huh?

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I meant we have forced one punt in the last two weeks.

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

It's the best bad defense I've ever seen. Overall it's terrible, but we make just enough key stops here and there to give our offense a chance to win.