1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Buccaneers Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Dec 31, 2022.

1. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I think Wilson will climb past Miles Murphy, but either is fine with me

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I'd draft another CB. I don't think we can count on D Jax to stay healthy and Horn's durability is starting to become a red flag. Ringo isn't quite my cup of tea, but I bet Wilks could smooth out the rough edges like he did with Bradberry.

I'm nervous about the O-line, actually. Bozeman is a free agent and the team was EXTREMELY LUCKY by avoiding OL injuries this year. I don't want us to fall asleep there. They need to get an interior guy later in the draft who can become a viable backup. Cade Mays can't even block with a running start at fullback, so I don't want to see what he looks like in-line against Vita Vea.

DogBoy likes this.
  3. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Probably not good for me to discuss draft after such a disgusting showing by the Panthers. It is like going to grocery store when you are hungry, you want to buy everything

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

That and we are carrying like 29 million dollars of dead money and only 38 people signed for next year

5. Black&Black

I guess they'll figure out the cap situation. It's not ideal but it's easier to manage than it was 20 years ago. Just don't end up completely maxed out like the Saints and you can survive.

6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Given a full offseason of NFL quality coaching, a roster free from crony signings, and a god damn fucking receiving threat at TE and you've got a team to win a weak division here.

DogBoy likes this.
  7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

And just to get out ahead of it. If you think the panthers should lose next week to help draft position you shouldn't ever wonder why Tepper treats you like ambulatory wallets he can steal from.

rake likes this.
  8. rake

rake Need one of these

The way carolina drafts the position in each round of their picks isn't a big deal

9. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Carolina wins last game with NO, falling 6 spots in draft.
    Trades next years first, and this years 2nd, to move up 6 spots and draft Will Leavis QB

10. Black&Black

Forgot to mention a couple of 4th and inches where Wilks should have gone for it, including the one right before the first Evans bomb. That's one of my concerns with Wilks, honestly. Too much punting on 4th and inches at a time when the QB sneak has become impossible to stop.

You have to make those calls to keep up in today's NFL. Punting on those are like turnovers now.