1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Buccaneers Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Dec 31, 2022.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Brady is known to get it out quicker than most other QBs. The Panthers had 3 sacks and a few other hurries.
    The shitty DB play did the Panthers in today.

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

If keeping Wilks depended on the last two games of the season, that's a very dumb process. You don't make these decisions based on the feelz. My take this entire time has been to make him the leading candidate, but also interview other people. I like Stitchen, I like Bieniemy, and I like Quinn, and it would suck to watch either one of them go on to build a winner somewhere else without even talking to them first. At the end of the day, there's no rush. Don't make the mistake you made three years ago when you hired the first coach you fell in love with.

As for this game, I guess "the best team" won, even with the Carolina miscues. Tampa's receivers were going to destroy our 3rd string CBs if the pass rush didn't show up, and that's what happened. If we don't go QB in the draft, adding another pass rusher isn't a bad idea. There's no running mate for Burns right now, so when a team has a plan for #53, the whole defense just goes to shit.

Aside from the two boo boo's today, I've come to appreciate Sam Darnold. He's never complained, kept his head down and improved to a level where he actually looks like a decent stop gap QB. At this point, he might even have market in this QB starved league. I just wanted to point that out as one of his bigger skeptics over the last 18 months.

DogBoy likes this.
  3. Black&Black

Tampa should go full Chip Kelly and stop huddling. It's the only time they move the ball this year. Bowles just doesn't allow it unless they get down by two scores, which is why I never felt comfortable with those leads. When you play the '22 Bucs, you'd almost rather be down by 7 than up by 14.

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Giving Brady time with his receivers and our DBs, this room is necessary

FB_IMG_1672612055938.jpg

Black&Black likes this.
  5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I don't know why, but I doubt that Bieniemy could ever get to the level of player respect that Wilks appears to have right now. I don't know how much player respect equates to wins and losses, but Wilks has it.
    Stitcen I never even heard of and I can't get Quinn's Atlanta gig out of my mind.
    So no Dorsey or even Ryans out of SF?

6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

It's Shane Steichen, he's the OC in Philadelphia. I think they should look at Ben Johnson in Detroit too. But Wilks will be a strong candidate, so it's all about whether Tepper is already in love with someone like Davis and McDaniels last year.

With how Sam has played, if we're picking at 7 or 8 and both Will Levis and Myles Murphy are there, who do you take?

7. Black&Black

Darnold is just a further along version of Levis (Levis is only two years younger lol) so I'd just run it back with Sam.

Wilks is my first choice. He's one of us, literally. It's the best fit of all the options. Today's game actually made me feel better about McAdoo, as crazy as it sounds. It's nice to see the team have other answers when the running game isn't working.

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

go w edge rusher

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Not unless one drops

Screenshot_20230101_183032.jpg

10. stirs

stirs Full Access Member