1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Buccaneers Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Nov 13, 2020.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Dodged a bullet. Teddy is fine.

presidence99 likes this.
  2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Yeah, that would have made for a brutal final six games. I still want the team to stack some wins and build confidence. The schedule lightens up a bit down the stretch.

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Confidence?
    They're fucking paid professionals.
    Good players don't need confidence. They want to work.
    Stack some meaningless wins?
    ROTFLMAO

4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

You could also throw in the towel and cheer for a higher draft pick, but then you'd be a pathetic cuckold with a small dick.

Bull Moose likes this.
  5. dig-it

[​IMG]

6. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah, they turned into the panthers at the end.....

7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

We have two basic scenarios in play here (I do pay attention to this stuff). Either we lose out or we manage to win a few games that we probably should. Losing out will likely net us a pick in the top five, but it's probably number five if that happens. But say we go 4-2 over the next six games, losing to Green Bay in Green Bay and to New Orleans at home--both will be playing for playoff positioning and I don't see us making either of them punt. Going 4-2 would take our pick down to 12-13 range. For each of those four games we lose, figure we gain two positions in the draft.

There's no way we take a QB in the first round unless maybe Hurney falls in love with Zach Wilson. Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will be long gone when we pick, and there's a fair chance Wilson and/or Lance will be too if we're picking around 10-12 range. Penei Sewell will be taken very high, as will Ja’Marr Chase. Sewell will be awesome if we can get him, but don't hold your breath. To sum up, if we're picking around five we can probably get Wilson or trade down a few spots. If we're picking around 7-8 we may be able to nab Micah Parsons, but that's still a bit of a pipe dream. I think we end up picking in the 8-10 range and we will either take Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley. I'm not good enough at scouting to tell you one is definitively better than the other, but I am comfortable claiming that either will really help our defense.

And here's the thing. Even if we end up picking at 13, the odds are pretty high that one of them will be available because someone will need a Tackle and you're also going to have a GM fall in love with one of the Bama receivers. Gregory Rousseau is going in the top 10. One of the top CBs will be available, or we can do a Gettleman thing and take the DT from Florida State if they're both gone (not gonna happen).

So to sum up, If we are picking between 5 and 8, we get a shot at Micah Parsons but we've also got a sorry as shit football team that loses to teams like the WTFs. If our pick is lower, we're getting a stud cornerback.

I want to win. Losing is for losers.

8. dig-it

All you swinging studs can't see past your noses.

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Enlighten me then. Who could we get if we lose out that's going to make more of a difference than someone we could get around 10-11? There's no way we draft in front of the Jets or Jaguars, and you also have the Texans, Chargers, WTFs, and Cowboys each sitting at 2 wins. Can we tank our way in front of all of them? If we did, what would that get us?

Not that I think we're going to, but I want to see the Panthers win some games. We play the Lions this Sunday, probably without CMC and Teddy, and then the Vikings. Realistically that's two losses. But we come back from the bye in a month and host the Broncos, who have no offense, and after getting smacked down by Green Bay, we get to go beat up the Redskins, who should make our defense look like it belongs in the NFL. So there are at least two games out there that we can and should win, and I want to see it happen. There's also a good chance that the Lions do Matt Patricia-like things this Sunday, a win there would be welcome too.

10. dig-it

First off you're speculating about what's going to happen with at least 10 fucking teams who all have shitty records. Anything you say now about how the end of the season is going to be you're just pulling out of your ass.
    I see the Panthers are without CMC for a few more games and Davis, his backup, has a hurt thumb. I think they've put Bonafon on IR. Who does that leave in the backfield healthy? Trenton "freaking" Cannon and Samuel ?
    4-2? The stuff you're smoking is obviously better grade that mine. At least you haven't stooped to small dick cuckie name calling, which comes off as delusional desperation from a charter member of a loser fanbase.