1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs. Bengals (10/12/14)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by willie, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

No we haven't seen that Shaggy! Thanks!

2. Black&Black

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  3. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Glad you let me know that you haven't. Glad to be of service to you. :handjob:

4. Black&Black

I think you do a fine job. It just cracked me up because everyone here has already been talking about it.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

I missed it. Hope the dude does get a massive fine, suspended or kicked out. What will really happen is he is fined $8000. Pocket change to him of course.

6. Black&Black

Yeah it was awful and he should be suspended. Burfict is a major headcase and he'll probably do this again.

7. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

If only he'd threaten to kill a bitch.

8. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

So, watching the game on rewind, Im only through a little of the first quarter, but Im noticing one of the defense's problems is our zone is too deep. Whether it be Harper, Godfrey, whoever back there, they're running back to the guy making the reception and they reach him by the time he gets a first down.

Jackson is smart to spread us out, because he knows we can't match the timing plays with a legit pass rush, so their receivers just have to beat one man on some plays, but even out of base - our zone is too fucking deep. That's on the players. And that needs to be fucking fixed.

Rivera said in his presser he wants the corner to get more jam - so he's obviously expressing what I have, that we need to play up to the line. White is beaten deep whether he's on the line or deep. So why not utilize his strength to disrupt timing routes, because that is precisely what is killing our defense right now. Chicago did it too. And if you go back, you'll notice we pressed more in the second half.

I'm not sure if this is scheme or player choice, as it is on many teams, how the corner wants to play their man - but Harper and DeCoud don't have the speed to make up for it.

Pick your poison, I guess. I understand they're trying not to get anything behind them and beaten deep for the TD, but god fucking dammit, this needs to be adjusted. They're doing it almost every play, and it's working.

We're frankly, playing scared defense.

9. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

What is shocking is the tackling is so bad...so, so so bad.

White...Godfrey...Davis...Horton...DeCoud...Cason...Harper...they all take turns. Jesus, if nothing else, take a week to practice fucking tackling, and work on the angles of pursuit.

10. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

The really deep safety Blitzes need to get chunked. What the hell is that?
    It's so telegraphed and we're too slow to get there.

Cason gives a ton of yardage when playing off. Its a 3rd and 4 and were giving automatic first downs lining up 10 yards off.