1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs 49ers Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Memphis-Dry-Rubbed-Ribs-1.jpg

mayfield-2.jpg

usa_today_16601340.jpg

20220110_143428 (1).jpg

Art Vandelay likes this.
  2. y2b

y2b King of QC

Has there been a team that went 1-16 yet?

what's the opinion here: has Rhule lost the locker room like the Seifert situation? Or is the team still fighting but they just suck like the Fox situation

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

That is a rhetorical question right?
    Cause no team will ever match the losing record of the creamcicle Bucs in the late 70s.

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Fox was saddled with a youth movement that he didn't really want, and an expiring contract with no extension that left him scraping the bottom of the barrel for assistants. It's telling that Ron Meeks never got another DC position after he left Carolina. Like Rhule, Fox had no QB, but he also didn't have much talent to work with outside of Smitty, Jon Beason, Charles Johnson, and double trouble. The right side of the line was ass, and the defense was a bunch of JAGs outside of the aforementioned players. We started Nick Hayden, Derek Landri and Tyler Brayton, for crying out loud.

Rhule, on the other hand, has done a good job building the roster but that's not enough. I think that our offensive line is pretty good by Panthers standards, and CMC and DJ Moore are starters on nearly any team out there. The defensive line has a meh guy in YGM but the rest are good. Luvu is a revelation, and Thompson is still solid. We probably have the best secondary in team history outside of 2015, and I think the current guys are more athletic than the 2015 crew was. If this was college, we would win just with talent. But it's the NFL, and you need to execute on both sides of the ball at a high level. We're just not doing that on offense. Maybe Rhule has lost that side, but those guys on D are out busting their asses for him.

The team also gave him the game ball against the Saints. You know they share in his frustration and want him to succeed. He just doesn't know how to coach at this level.

5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Chris gamble erasure is real.

And while rhule has raised the floor on talent he hasn't raised the ceiling burns, cmc, and Moore are the only blue chips. And they all predate him. We've gotten flashes but no down to down impact players. It's a team that like you said lacks execution but would be a wild card team if they execute perfectly.

6. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

SF 20
    Carolina 13

7. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

S S D D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

I've been asked to go boating Sunday...so...I could go boating and drink some beers.

OR

I could stay home for the first Sunday in over a month and watch the Panthers continue to suck.

What to do???

DogBoy likes this.
  9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Don't forget to wear sunscreen Coach.

CoachMcFly and stirs like this.
  10. y2b

y2b King of QC

here's my score prediction...
    49ers - 17+
    Panthers - doesn't fucking matter if they get 17