1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

panthers promote o'brien to asst. HC

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by LarryD, Feb 14, 2002.

1. reb

reb 1riot1reb

Could one of you guys tell me about Dan Henning as an OC. Did we do good.

2. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Reb, go back and look at the Redskins under Joe Gibbs. Henning ran that offense. We'll concentrate more on the run and the passing game will be more of the 5-10 yd variety than the 2 yd dumpoffs to the FB. We'll also go deep quite a few more times than we have in the past.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Hard to say. Henning has been lauded as great with QBs and average as a coordinator but that seems to be based on his Jets experience, because the O did better when he was QB coach than when he was OC. As an OC I don't think he fully used Martin the way he could have, and the D wasn't as good so pounding Martin the way most teams would, that didn't work as well because teams weren't behind.

He's a guy who fits what Fix wants. He's steady, he's fundamental, he's deliberate. He creates mismatches, just as any veteran coach would, he runs the ball a good deal and takes shots deep when they're available. So therefore he'll start out as a God.

Will you like him? Probably not. I know how it works, I've seen it before. By November half of you will be complaining that he's not innovative enough and too predictable.

4. reb

reb 1riot1reb

thanks, I think.:D