1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

panthers may like buchanon better

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by p2k1f, Apr 16, 2002.

1. p2k1f

p2k1f Guest

Panthers | Buchanon A Candidate? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    23:27 PT: Steve Reed reports for the Gaston Gazette a Carolina Panthers source told the newspaper the team is intrigued by Miami CB Phillip Buchanon and that he might actually be a better fit in head coach John Fox’s defensive scheme than Texas CB Quentin Jammer. Buchanon brings "more flexibility as far as your man-to-man coverages," something the Panthers plan to play more of this year under Fox.

edit:well i just read the whole article and it says more than the blurb on kffl. probably a trade down senario
    think it's true.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

he'd be the best trade-down option, i'd think. just so long as nobody takes him. i'm sure that's the concern in pantherland.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah, I think the consensus seems to be, now, that one of the two will be there at 6. You hope that SD takes OL and that a QB go between 2 and 5. If we did trade to 6, and Dallas took Jammer, Detroit would possibly take Peppers or Buchanon, or Harrington - Buffalo would possibly take a lineman or Harrington - SD probably wouldn't be in the market for Peppers or either DB if he fell (nor would Buffalo), so I feel like making a trade with Dallas is the best bet to get one of the three if we do in fact value QJ, JP, and Buchanon equally.

4. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I thought I saw on "NFL Tonight" that Dallas along with a couple of other teams with high picks were wanting to down. Is this the sign of a pretty weak draft?

5. WYDD

WYDD Guest

at this point i'd rather trade down and have a few iffy players than a bust. I'm sure we'll pick up peppers and he'll end up like tony mandarich.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    that's what I'm afraid of, yes.
    despite the way anyone that's into Peppers as much as the average fan is rips into me when I say negative things about JP, the end result is that he has the upper hand and refuses to separate himself from the pack. Right now he's athleticism and inconsistency, and too often when I see him I think of how freakishly great Andre Wadsworth would be, a mammoth player who had the athleticism and no character concerns, but lacked some of the drive/killer instinct.

7. BearBryant

After seeing NFL tonight, I did ot care if we took Peppers or Jammer but after watching highlights of each of them I am all for Jammer. He is a stud.

8. WYDD

WYDD Guest

me too, i like what i've seen about jammer. Hell, fox's area of expertise if defensive line?? I really don't know. But, you're options are so much better if you have a good cover man to put on your best receiver. Either that or Phil Luckett (however you spell it.)

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Fox's background was as a DB coach, I believe.

I'm as torn as can be. Either way, I'm pumped.

I'm very interested in #34. Anything goes there. Alot of talent could drop. To me, that pick is more intriguing than #2.

10. BearBryant

Me too Meat. We allhave a pretty good idea what the first pick will be. Second pick? Who knows...