1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers: 4 cut

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Feb 22, 2002.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Plus we've gotta sign our picks.

That 1.1 million under is with only 40 or so players on the roster.

Think Walls will get restructured?

Have you guys considered Gilbert being given a massive pay cut, and STILL getting whacked after June 1? That's what they did to Morabito.

Is Morabito even in the league? I think not...

2. Piper

Piper Guest

Different situation. Mort stayed to compete for a job. If Gilbert takes a pay cut, it's becaue the team wants him, regardless of what we think.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    >>Plus we've gotta sign our picks.

Well, a lot of people worry about that but NFL teams don't. Most, the ones that are near the cap, don't, anyway. Part of the reason June cuts are why they are the way they are.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

So then who goes in June?

5. Piper

Piper Guest

It's Gilbert, or nobody, and with his bonus, I expect them to either release him or get it done before then. We'll probably renegotiate to fit our pic in. Unfortunately, but that seems to be the MO of most teams.

Remember, not a lot of cuts in June. Most teams don't if they are able to avoid. I'd rather give Gilbert the go, but it's not my decision.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Well, maybe Buckner, Tuten, guys like that who don't kill you to keep on the cap but can be replaced by the draft since they'd be expensive backups, they make good June cuts for us because they won't cost much to lose, and won't cost much in bonus next year.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I like the cuts, especially fumbleitis, Biakabutuka. I hope Gilbert and Walls do restructure...especially Gilbert. We need Walls desperately since he's the best TE in the league. He also is a good role model for our younger players and fans to look up to. I heard that by cutting these four, we saved approx. 9.16 million cap space is that correct?