1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Packman heading to FOXSPORTS730 ? ? ?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

I want John Boy and Billy to do a sports show.

2. Writerguy

Writerguy Junior Member

I wish it had worked out with Bryce. I liked his show and he took the time to crush me and some other guys in a fantasy football league.

3. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

from the packsmack

I've Been Paroled
    Posted June 26, 2011, 2:53 PM ET

Effective on Friday, July 1st....I will have served my six-month non-compete sentence, compliments of CBS Radio/Charlotte.

I have been slammed with emails the last couple of weeks about my next radio gig, and I appreciate all the interest in my career path. However, you need to understand that I have been serving what I believe is an unconstitutional 6-month non-compete radio ban in the Charlotte market.

There are plenty of people that switch jobs from one station (radio or tv) to another without having to be held in silence, but evidently when you are "on-air talent", the rules must be different. I really don't get it.....but, I digress.

Effective on Friday, I can do as I damn well please.....and there's nobody that can stop me.

I can finally negotiate and carry on like any other American in the work-force.

Where I'll end up is anybody's guess, but I do have some ideas....and I will pass them along to you via the website/blog and twitter account when the deals are finalized.

From what I've been told, there seem to be some major changes coming to the marketplace, so I'll just have to be patient and see what happens next. I have been approached by a couple of suitors in and outside of Charlotte, and one is very intriguing. But given the clause, I could not negotiate or proceed like a normal American worker.

All I can tell you is that I'm going to have some great stories to tell you when I get back on the air....a couple that you won't believe. One, in fact, that I found to be hilarious and incredibly ironic.

I have tried to keep a very low profile during the whole mess, and I'm sure you can understand why.....but beginning in July, there are no more restrictions.

Thanks again to everyone that has expressed their interest in my next move.....and I can certainly understand your frustration over the current situation that exists in the Charlotte market. The last 6 months have not been easy on me or my family, especially since we're building a new house, living in an apartment, and have our entire existence upside-down....but in the end, it will be terrific.

Thanks again, for your patience and understanding.

4. Keith

Keith Junior Member

great post....thanks.

5. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, if I just lost my job, would it be a smart idea in building a new house? Packman is putting a lot of faith in the local job market and that he is going to stay here . . .

Is Packman hinting that another sportstalk radio station might appear on the scene (WBT 99.3FM ? ? ? )?

6. Writerguy

Writerguy Junior Member

I think it's pretty standard for those 6th month things in Radio, Ace and TJ are in that as well. If you don't like it don't sign the contract to start with.

7. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

+1

8. QC REPRESENT

I think hes just remodeling his current house

9. QC REPRESENT

It's pretty common in all types if industries,not just radio. In this economy, I would have a hard time signing something that prohibits me from getting employment,unless there was compensation during that time period.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I believe Packer is loaded$$$....he held the company hostage with his last contract and they "came to terms" because the success of his show at the time. They weren't willing to do the same with the renewal of his next contract.