1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

One Man Band: A B&B Game Review

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

So let's talk about some shit. No fancy intro. Let's just get right into it.

- I continue to be discouraged by the lack of explosive plays in our offense. It plagued us in the preseason, and it carried over into week one. This is now a full blown, RAC dependent offense, which is fine, but D.J. Moore needs to stop being such a shit magnet. 10 targets, two turnovers. His effort on the backwards pass (yes, it was a backwards pass) was pathetic. I did not hear a whistle, did you? Fall on the fucking football. I believe in him, but this shit has to stop.

Here is your explosive play summary for week one:

0expf1.jpg

0expA1.jpg
    0expD2.jpg

Now, limiting the Rams to four explosive plays is good work, and, overall, I was not too discouraged by the defensive performance. Los Angeles averaged 33 points a game last year. We held them under that total, and it would have been less if not for the short field we gave them on the little dick norv's botched swing pass. I was very happy to see us deploy a dime defense multiple times. You guys know that I've been bitching about this for years, but it looks like Ron has finally read my posts, and is getting caught up with the times. The Rams had no idea what to do with this look initially, which is why Goff had to eat a sack from James Bradberry. Unfortunately, they also caught us with 12 men, but I like that we're getting away from forcing linebackers to cover wideouts on 3rd and 7. We flashed this personnel grouping (3 dl, 2lb, 6db) eight times in the first half, and we stopped the Rams 5 out of 8 times.

- Williams at LT will be problematic. It just is what it is. He's playing out of his natural position, and Van Roten is more suited to a backup role. I wish Greg Little wasn't being so shitty so we could move Williams to guard, but sadly, the left side of the line looks like it's going to be a weakness.

- Bull Ratio was unachieved, although I give Norv credit for sticking to it despite a negative game flow. The target distribution seems justified, and while it's insane to never have McCaffery come off the field until the sun expands and consumes the planet in 5 billion years, he's clearly our best receiver. I will say that I wish we made more of an effort to get Ian Thomas involved. He was only afforded one target, and I saw him as a potential matchup advantage against a 3-4 man coverage scheme that will put it's OLBs on TEs down the field. Tampa runs a similar system, so maybe we'll correct this injustice before Thursday Night.

brw1.jpg

I don't like seeing Cam registering 3 carries for -2 yards. We all know that the Panthers are a better team when he's running. I understand the fear of having him take unnecessary hits to his shoulder, but you're making him into 60% of himself by keeping him in the pocket. If the helicopter parenting is the new reality, it's probably unwise to give him another contract. We can't win if we're this focused on preventing an injury.

- Who is accountable for the earpiece malfunction? I'm assuming it's the equipment manager, right? Regardless, this shouldn't be happening in the year 2019. That ended up being a six point swing in a three point loss. Little things. When is the last time you saw the Patriots have an earpiece malfunction? How about we stop filming so many commercials and retweeting AOC and start focusing on winning games?

Alright, good talk.

bam-bam, Bull Moose, DogBoy and 5 others like this.
  2. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

"Let's get right into it..."

Since you asked, Ok, you're not very good.

The end.

barry49s likes this.
  3. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Yeah the earpiece was amateurish. Very.

And on the second attempt why the fuck can't cam simply call a simple run play.

Or is it he's really that dumb he can't recognize who is on the field and call a play?

Isn't there some kind of plan B anytime that happens? To save a TO, or to save a 5 yd penalty if there are no more TOs?

Sheesh. Millions of dollars paid to stooges who seemingly can't think for themselves or a bigger picture.

4. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

If Cam would add just one more scarf to his fall fashion ensemble, I think everything would click into place.

CFBall and barry49s like this.
  5. Coach Micool

Just one?

tharan000 likes this.
  6. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Now you are talking league MVP

7. Coach Micool

I think he needs to get a big/tall flowery/fruity/peacock feather hat and some green 60's cat eye sunglasses to wear with a mauve wet suit (summer short suit) and cowboy boots decorated as 'flash' look.

But that might be a little conservative for his taste.

tharan000 likes this.
  8. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Cam is old and has won you nothing in big games. Time to move on. His best days are behind him.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Maybe we could sign Alex Smith?

barry49s likes this.
  10. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Better than what you have...