1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Oklahoma - Alabama

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by mailman, Sep 6, 2003.

1. mailman

mailman We deliver for you.

This is one helluva game. Croyle threw a perfect pass for Bama's first TD only to have OU answer quickly after a fake punt.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Bama's still in it, if they can get over the fake and the bomb White threw right after.

3. mailman

mailman We deliver for you.

they can still win but a momentum swing like that especially after scoring their first TD has got to be tough.

4. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

Good game. Want to know why Bob Stoops is the best coach in the country? Because he has the guts to call a fake punt on 4th and 12 right after his team just got man handled for 3 downs. Then just to make sure you are hurt, he calls the deep ball. We should have seen that coming. I knew it, everyone knew except the Alabama Defense.

Mike Shula is going to a decent coach. Brodie Croyle has a tremendous arm. Experience is going to nothing but make him better.

5. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

You are dead on Dave. This Sooner team reminds me a lot of the championship one. They got 20 points out of 2 bombs and held the other team to less. And the fake punt-then-bomb reminded me of late 80's Bowden stuff. Fake punt on the road? Eh, what the hell. Touchdown.

6. Sooner Dave

Sooner Dave Full Access Member

What a classic game...two teams giving it their all the whole night.

Bama played a great game, gave OU all the test they could want...why they aren't ranked is beyond me, I'd favor them by 4-6 points against No. 2 (who certainly looked like No. 2 yesterday against powerful San Diego State at home) Ohio State right now! At Ohio State.

Hopefully, the two schools can get together again for another home-and-home in the near future. OU AD Joe Castiglione said they have already had preliminary discussions.

By the way, Bob Stoops nickname among coaches around the country is "Riverboat Bob"...fit last night with 4th-and-10 at your own 31 up only 3.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  7. USC-IPTF

USC-IPTF Full Access Member

bama hung in there tough but they really shot themselves in the foot in the first half imo.

8. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I agree, Bama was very impressive, especially considering the lack of time they've had in that offense. Oklahoma needs to improve on offense imo, to be championship contenders. Of course if the opposing team is all defense, they'll be ok. I just don't see them stopping a team like Michigan if Michigan makes it to the title game.

edit: I'd better rephrase that. I mean I don't see them scoring enough to beat a team like Michigan.