1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Non Microsoft Software

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by VOR, Feb 23, 2002.

1. VOR

VOR Guest

After months of trying to speed up my computer I discovered that the best way to do it is to run non-microsoft aps. My theory is that microsoft aps form a digital jerk circle with windows that all other aps are cutoff from. When downloading with netscape the disk shell seems to run a bazillion times faster than with IE, Word perfect seems to load faster than word 2000. Has anyone else experienced this seeming increase in speed?

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

That's interesting. Our tests showed that IE ran faster than Netscape when accessesing the internet, and that IE was less of a memory hog.

This is probably another argument where the real factor is preference.

3. sdawg

sdawg Guest

Well IE accepts HTML and other web techonology in various kinds of way....even if the code isn't written correctly. Netscape on the other hand is more exact. You have to have the right tags in the right places in order for things to look the way it's suppose to.

4. Yeah... I've found MS stuff to load faster. I think they sorta "build in" most of the stuff they need, then just get the last little bits thrown in to avoid anti-trust issues.

I gotta say, they suck at writing code on the Mac tho. That is, unless they actually want it to crash on occasion.