1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NFL Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Plus it almost seems like a lot of people forgot about Edgerrin James. I think he's a solid player, but honestly I was never impressed with Joseph Addai at LSU. He and Rhodes are a pretty big step down.

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Okay, fellas, time to face the truth.

Wrong, but not too bad if you flip Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

As terrible as Indy's defense has been, there was never going to be a real challenger in this division. Tennessee was a suprise.

Not even close.

Again, not close at all. Denver was looking like a Super Bowl team earlier in the season, before Plummer and their defense went downhill. San Diego is a suprise, despite having loads of talent, because most people expected them to struggle with a 1st year starter at QB. LT being Super Man has made up for that.
    Oakland winning six games? I must have been drinking at the time.

Fuck no. Chicago took advantage of that easy-ass schedule.

:sponge:

Correct about Dallas and NYG being playoff teams, but wrong about Philly and totally wrong about Washington. The Cowboys really did have that division in hand, though, until Romo and the defense took a nose-dive.

Seattle disappointed me, although they were never going to be that good with a reshuffled offensive line. So much for the '12th Man' - they let Minnesota and San Fran beat them at home. The Niners overachieved.

I didn't post playoff picks, but I had us beating Atl in the wildcard, beating Dallas on the road, before losing at Seattle once again. Denver was my AFC rep. and Super Bowl pick.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  3. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

ouch....just sayin :sponge:

4. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

good call, I don't think I threw quite as many things at the tv this year after giving up a third and long, unfortunately our offense struggled more then it needed to and the defense burned out late in some games.

5. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

To be fair, most of us thought the same thing. Hell, looking at us healthy, I think we would match up nicely with any playoff team in the NFC.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

In hindsight, that definitely applies to Washington. They were 5-6 until a hot streak against crappy teams, and they wouldn't have even been 5-6 without a couple of of fluke wins early in the season.

The NFC, in general, has been a big disappointment. We should have won more games, Seattle should have won more games, Dallas should have won more games, Atlanta, etc. etc. From top to bottom, I figued that it would be the stronger conference this year, but obviously not.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Those AFC teams still look flawed to me. Hell, Indy is the #3 seed and they have the worst run defense in the history of the league. Plus I'm still not a believer in Baltimore's offense and Rivers has been somewhat shaky for San Diego (their corners have played much better than I expected, as Jammer is finally living up to some billing). It's just that the NFC teams completely fucking fell apart.

8. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

:trophy:

9. Piper

Piper phishin member

I didn't disagree at the time, but both players played well. Addai ran, caught, and blocked well, and Rhodes just ran hard.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

True. I think the Addai hype got out of hand during the season, but he's been solid and Rhodes really came on strong there at the end of the year. I credit Don Banks and those who stuck with Indy even though they had some pretty serious warts thanks to off-season losses.