1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NFL Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Piper

Piper phishin member

Some more useless fodder....

AFC North
    Wins Losses
    Miami 11 5
    New England 11 5
    Buffalo 5 11
    NY Jets 4 12

I think Miami will be pretty good this year. Culpepper may not make it week 1, but the schedule looks soft. The Pats did little to address their back 7 concerns that plauged them all year or their line trouble, and it will cost them a division title.

Pittsburgh 12 4
    Baltimore 10 6
    Cincinnatti 8 8
    Cleveland 3 13

Pittsburgh is still the elite ball club here. Still have an elite offensive line, and an elite defense, and a good young quarterback. Big Ben doesn't always look very polished, but he's been extremely efficient to go with elite natural tools. Parker and Staley will make a fine 1-2 punch. McNair and Lewis will have a resurgence in Baltimore to put them in contention for a WC spot, but that's it. With a tougher schedule and the bad ju-ju, I think Cinci slips up this year.

Indianapolis 12 4
    Houston 9 7
    Jacksonville 7 9
    Tennessee 4 12

The Colts again lost some big players on defense, and thier workhorse running back. I still think that they'll win enough in a weak division to come away with a bye. I like some of the suttle moves Houston makes, enough to give them a winning record. Jacksonville has never really addressed their line trouble, and their young recievers haven't really stepped up.

Kansas City 11 5
    Denver 10 6
    Oakland 6 10
    San Diego 5 11

Herm will have a positive influence on this veteran club IMO. Even without Roaf, they still have a good offensive line, and I agree with those who think LJ will have a big year. Defensively, Denver will be very good again, but will struggle with the better teams in the league. And Plummer is still a dog.

Philly 11 5
    Dallas 10 6
    NY Giant 7 9
    Washington 6 10

I don't think the Giants or Washington were all that good last year. Manning seemed to regress mechanically toward the end as he started getting hit more. And Washington was a bit lucky. And the Giant's Defense looks putrid. The Eagles and Cowboys just look more complete. I think McNabb will return to his previous form pre-TO, and the games with Dallas will be entertaining.

Green Bay 9 7
    Minnesota 9 7
    Chicago 6 10
    Detroit 4 12

For the Packers, it is really more about the running game than Favre. Their wasn't one last year, and Favre tried to do too much. If they can run and stay healthy on the line and at running back, they'll compete again. Minnesota's defensive efforts, as well as a coaching change, may pay off for them. Chlidress focussed his offseason on getting the offensive line squared away and will be disciplined.

Carolina 11 5
    Atlanta 9 7
    Tampa Bay 9 7
    New Orleans 5 11

I got to pick us some us! We should be good, regardless, given our overall depth and experience. I'm torn between Atlanta and Tampa on who will give us our biggest challenge. I see Atlanta leading the divsion, but then dropping games to Dallas, Carolina, and Philly at the end to miss the playoffs. SWEET! Tampa's young offense and aging defense may struggle at times and lead to an up and down year against a brutal schedule.

Seattle 12 4
    Arizona 9 7
    St. Louis 8 8
    San Fransico 3 13

Seattle will break the SB loser curse, unless they run into the kind of injures we did after our SB run. Denny knows he needs to win this year or he may be gone. He'll need his offensive line to run block a little. The Edge is more of a bruiser and a good vision runner than a blazer these days. The defense usually plays well for him, but their secondary, particuarly cornerback, remains a concern. They may need to pass a lot again, but I'm giving them a few more wins for desperation. St. Louis is in a bit of transition, and I like their defense even less.

2. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

New England 11 5
    Miami 9-7
    Buffalo 5 11
    NY Jets 4 12

Pittsburgh 11 5
    Baltimore 10-6

Cincinnatti 8-8
    Cleveland 6-10

Indianapolis 11 5
    Jacksonville 9-7
    Houston 6-10
    Tennessee 4 12

Kansas City 10 6
    Denver 10-6

San Diego 8-8
    Oakland 4-12

NFC
    Dallas 11 5
    Washington 9-7
    NY Giants 8-8
    Philly 6-10

Chicago 10-6
    Green Bay 9 7
    Minnesota 8-8
    Detroit 4 12

Carolina 11 5
    Tampa Bay 10-6

Atlanta 9 7
    New Orleans 5 11

Seattle 11-5
    Arizona 9 7
    St. Louis 7-9
    San Fransico 3 13

Edited W's & L's and playoffs.
    Wild Card round
    B.More @ Indi
    Den @ KC
    Zona @ Dallas
    Tampon @ Chicago

1/4 final
    KC @ New England
    B.More @ Pittsburgh

Dallas @ Carolina
    Tampon @ Seattle

Carolina v/s New England :ylsuper:

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

AFC North
    Pittsburgh 10-6
    Cinncinatti 8-8
    Baltimore 8-8
    Cleveland 5-11

*This division doesn't impress me. The only team that got better was Baltimore, and they still have depth concerns. Pittsburgh basically stayed flat. I don't think Bettis and Randle El are huge losses, and they still have enough winable games to come out on top. Parker, Haynes, and Staley is more than enough at running back. Cinncy did virtually nothing to improve a bad defense, a defense that will be without Thruman for the first quarter of the season. Palmer might not be the same until a few games in. I saw Cleveland as a sleeper team before yesterday, but losing Bentley is a killer.

AFC South
    Indianapolis 12-4
    Jacksonville 9-7
    Houston 7-9
    Tennessee 5-11

*Three of the Colts first five games are against three of the worst teams from 2005. That should be enough to put Indy no worse than 4-1 before their bye week. Jacksonville didn't make-up enough ground this offseason, and they're working with a much tougher schedule in 2006. Houston will have a good chance to start 2-0, but lack the defensive talent to make a serious playoff push. As for the Titans, there's just too many difficult road trips to be a contender. Could be the end of the line for Coach Fisher.

AFC East
    Miami 10-6
    New England 9-7
    Buffalo 6-10
    NY Jets 3-13

*Like the North, no team really stands out in my mind. Miami and New England will both hover around .500 for the first half of the season, but the Dolphins have the benefit of more late season home games, while the Pats final two are on the road. I think Buffalo has made some decent additions, based on what they're doing scheme-wise, but the unsettled QB and O-Line sitautions will hurt. Looking at the Jets schedule, they might not win a game until late October. Kellen Clemens will be in the lineup by then, if not sooner.

AFC West
    Denver 12-4
    Kansas City 10-6
    San Diego 8-8
    Oakland 6-10

*Looks like the best of the AFC. Denver's addition of Javon Walker should help ease the pain of losing Mike Anderson, who quietly had a very solid 2005 season. Still, Tatum Bell should fit nicely into the Broncos zone blocking scheme, and Ron Dayne can provide the punch for short yardage. Kansas City just became a contender by adding Ty Law, who should help the defense support an aging offense. Losing Roaf doesn't help, but they still have enough pieces to work with, and the homefield advantage of Arrowhead. San Diego will take a step back with Rivers, though he'll have enough weapons to keep the team respectable. Oakland looks decent on paper, once again, but they'll have to lean on too many young players.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

NFC North
    Minnesota 9-7
    Chicago 8-8
    Detroit 6-10
    Green Bay 5-11

*Maybe going out on a limb, slightly, but Minnesota is the only team in the North that I feel positive about. Brad Johnson showed that he's still a capable starter in 2005, and he has prior experiece in the WCO. They've made their secondary deeper by adding Dwight Smith, Tank Williams and Ced Griffin. I'm not getting good vibes from Chicago this year. The problems with players during voluntary workouts is one thing, but they failed to add another offensive weapon. The QB situation will probably be an ongoing ordeal, as well. Detroit may benefit from a fairly balanced schedule, but it will take more than one year to solidify themselves as a playoff team. Green Bay could struggle again without Walker and a run stopping interior lineman, and Billy Cundiff is not the guy you want kicking in arctic conditions. Oh, and they lost another starting offensive lineman to free agency. Ouch.

NFC South
    Carolina 11-5
    Atlanta 10-6
    Tampa Bay 9-7
    New Orleans 4-12

*Carolina, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay each have challenging schedules, which should make for another exciting NFC South race. I feel like the Panthers have the edge because they match-up better against those teams. Carolina will be able to balance their offense with the addition of Keyshawn. Not only will he free up Steve Smith, but he should also help improve last year's uncharacteristically poor rushing attack. Atlanta has added some good veteran defenders, but I'm not sure they did enough to address the run defense. Ed Hartwell's return should help out a bit. Tampa Bay did little to get better, but little to get worse. If Williams can avoid a sophomore slump, the Bucs should be enough of a challenger. The Saints might be a darkhorse, but I don't know if the situation in New Orleans is conducive to winning football games just yet.

NFC East
    Dallas 12-4
    NY Giants 10-6
    Washington 9-7
    Philadelphia 8-8

*Best division in football. There's much to be said about the addition of Owens, but Dallas seems to have the edge in overall depth. I'm not a T.O. fan, but this is the ideal situation for him to be successful. Mike Vanderjagt is a little better than Jose Cortez/Sean Suisium/Billy Cundiff, and should provide more confidence and less pressure for the offensive playcalling. NYG, Washington, and Philly are pretty much neck and neck, so I favor the Giants depth in this race. Sinorice Moss can give them a dimention at WR that they've lacked, while LaVar Arrington is capable of game-shifting plays on defense. Philly is a hot team for many people, and I can understand the theory behind that. I just don't see enough punch in the running game for them to last into late December. Sure, they've won division titles before with that same philosophy, but this is a much stronger division. If they were in the North, I'd probably consider them the favorite and a challenger for the 3rd seed.

NFC West
    Seattle 13-3
    Arizona 8-8
    St. Louis 7-9
    San Fran 5-11

*Seattle has been under the radar this summer. I don't expect Alexander to match his numbers from last year, or really even come close, but he does still have Walter Jones and Mack Strong to run behind. Arizona seems to be the flavor of the month. I would like them better if they did more to address the offensive line. James is a very good running back, but he can't be the player he was in Indy without a Tarik Glenn or a Jeff Saturday. The defense is solid. Much of their success will depend on how Antrell Roll bounces back from injury. St. Louis is going through an offensive shift, and it probably won't happen overnight. They could catch on later in the year. San Fran? Who knows. They fair well enough at home to reach five wins.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  5. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

AFC North:

PITTSBURGH 16-0

Who gives a shit about anything else?

6. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

Everybody check your number of wins / losses.

A rough count shows Foxman with 258 wins and 254 losses. B&B has 262 wins and 250 losses. (I could be off a bit)

7. HAVEPSL

NFC NORTH
    Chicago 9 - 7*
    Minnesota 8 - 8
    Detroit 7 - 9
    Green Bay 6 - 10

NFC EAST
    Washington 9 - 7*
    NY Giants 9 - 7*
    Philadelphia 8 - 8
    Dallas 8 - 8

NFC SOUTH
    Carolina 10 - 6*
    Atlanta 8 - 8
    Tampa Bay 8 - 8*
    New Orleans 7 - 9

NFC WEST
    Seattle 11 - 5*
    Arizona 8 - 8
    St. Louis 7 - 9
    San Francisco 5 - 11

* playoffs

NFC CHAMP
    Seattle

AFC NORTH
    Pittsburgh 10 - 6*
    Cincinatti 9 - 7*
    Baltimore 8 - 8
    Cleveland 6 - 10

AFC EAST
    New England 10 - 6*
    Miami 9 - 7
    NY Jets 6 - 10
    Buffalo 6 - 10

AFC SOUTH
    Indianapolis 11 - 5*
    Jacksonville 9 - 7*
    Tennessee 5 - 11
    Houston 5 - 11

AFC WEST
    Denver 10 - 6*
    Kansas City 9 - 7
    San Diego 9 - 7
    Oakland 6 - 10

* playoffs

AFC Champ
    Indianapolis

SUPER BOWL CHAMP
    Indianapolis

8. HAVEPSL

Bump

9. alexethanmysons

alexethanmysons Friggin' idiot

AFC East
    Miami
    New England
    Buffalo
    NY Jets

AFC North
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Cincy
    Cleveland

AFC South
    Indy
    Jax
    Tenn
    Houston

AFC West
    Denver
    KC
    San Diego
    Oakland

NFC East
    NY Giants
    Dallas
    Wash
    Philly

NFC North
    Minn
    Chicago
    Det
    GB

NFC South
    Carolina
    TB
    Atlanta
    NO

NFC West
    Seattle
    Arizona
    St Louis
    San Fran

10. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

when you guys do this, do you make sure W's=L's?

Just askin, cause it looks like most of you have too many 10+ win teams.