1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NFC S Blog Repository

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stratocatter, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

You mean like stealing laptops and throwing them out the window when the campus police come to investigate? Cam Newton's personality isn't going to change. I have some hope that he will improve his skill and become a better player that way, but I don't think there is any hope for how he conducts himself. If you can think of some guys who started out behaving like Cam and later became leaders, I'd be encouraged to hear it.

2. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

[​IMG]

3. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

There's different levels of bipolar. I don't think Cam will ever be the type to start doing coke and shitting on police cars, but he's definitely got some bipolarity to him. I'm surprised that anyone would even debate that.

4. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

As long as he doesn't start sucking cocks like Clausen...

5. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

Maybe my memory is tarnished but I saw a totally different Cam in the second half of last year. I think he was served a heaping helping of humility in the first part of the season and realized he was a whiny spoiled cocky bitch.

I thank Von Miller for doing the "Superman" in Cam's face last year during Denver game. I think that was his low point and opened him up to taking the coaching he was getting....

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Cam "looks like he's changed" when the team is doing well. Did he look changed when they lost to KC or when he was terrible against Oakland? If the team wins, he'll be fine.

7. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Jesus, I'd hate to be your kid. One mistake and its off the funny farm.

While I certaintly dont condone stealing, that was 5 years ago when he was still a teenager. I dont think he's had so much as a parking ticket since.

I think we're overreacting a tad to a kid sulking because his team got its ass handed to them on national TV or acting a bit discouraged in response to losing a few close games back to back.

If its bi-polar you're looking for Titus is the one you should be looking at. You act like Cam is a locker room cancer or something. He had one game against the Raiders where he lashed out. A game where the Raiders admitted they were going for him after the game. With all the ridiculous penalties that were called in that game they got away with some roughing of Cam. Probably a little payback for Hardy knocking out Palmer too.

He just turned 24, of course the can mature and become a better leader.
    I'm sure you did some dumb shit at that age too, we all did.

8. CelticCat

Brady must be bi-polar too then since he kicked Ed Reed and he wasnt even provoked. That dude is always lashing out at refs and coaches too.

Someone needs to get him on meds today.

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I do dumb shit to this day, but my dumb shit didn't involve theft (and shitty coverups) or repeatedly cheating on tests.

10. CelticCat

Whats even more funny is that he got caught because he was illegally downloading using limewire. Who hasnt stolen music? And lets not start an arguement on college player academics. The wonderlic scores suggest lots of players are cheating or getting "help".

Im not condoning his actions. But to suggest a teenager can't learn from his mistakes is a bit crazy. He got kicked outta Florida and had to play D2 ball a year. There were consequences to his actions and some harsh lessons learned I imagine.

He hasnt ruffled any feathers since he was drafted. I think he deserves a little latitude.

Ray Lewis is arguably the most influential leader of all time and he served time in prison. Dont hear many people questioning Vicks leadership either.