1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCAA QB’s to watch

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I expect Dorian Thompson-Robinson to shoot up everyone's list, mostly because people are too stupid to separate players from systems.

The #1 pick is probably a lineman.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

so far i would disagree. QB being hyped to top couple of picks . .. just which QBs will it be!?! In as much as every talking head and "expert" is going to paint flowers & rainbows on every QBs turdage. It's the equivalent of main stream media all trying to report first on the next BS hype over covid/vaxx.
    They won't be able to help themselves.

3. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Charlotte really has a player called Shadrick Byrd?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Wow, this thread aged well. Right now I think the following. I'm just a casual fan though, so you'll need to ask B&B what he thinks if you want intelligent analysis.
    • Matt Corral. Best in the class, first QB taken unless the Panthers take the first QB
    • Kenny Pickett. One year of good college production is all you need now, so long as you committed to Temple. The Panthers need a rookie QB to get fans excited, it's their last option. He has small hands, but that works here because our left tackle has short arms, so we're used to physical limitations.
    • Malik Willis. Someone will overdraft him in the first because of his potential. This year's Jordan Love, although for different reasons. He's got potential to excel in every part of the game, but it feels like everything still needs further development.
    • Carson Strong. I would love to see us trade down and still end up with this guy. Mobility is overrated, if he goes to the right place he's going to have the best career in the class. Might be considered as this year's Mac Jones, but he's not quite as good.
    • Sam Howell. Middle to late first round pick because of his reputation. His running game is not going to work at the next level, and his arm is nothing special. If he does go high, it will be because of 2020 and his combine.
    • Desmond Ridder. Second day selection who will learn to hold a clipboard and be really good at it. I've never looked at him and thought "Future starter on Sundays"
    • Brock Purdy. Still booking it Coach? I once wondered if he was the next Drew Brees but he isn't. He's a day three prospect--there's nothing special about him and you can get a dink and dunk passer anywhere.
    • Bailey Zappe. Who needs competition? If he put his numbers up against the SEC he would be the first overall pick. Probably more dependent on the Combine than any other prospect. He just doesn't look like the whole package but somehow he always has great numbers, probably because of his system but who knows?
    • Kedon Slovis. Meh. Had potential to make noise this year and didn't.
    • D'Eriq King. Remember the good old days when NFL teams would switch black QBs to Wide Receivers? Pepperidge Farm remembers, and D'Eriq King is going to find his future there if he has one in the NFL...
    • Spencer Rattler. LOLGF... I never liked this kid anyway.
    • Sam Hartman/Devin Leary. One of these guys will carve out a career in a backup role in the NFL. Third day picks or UDFAs.

rake likes this.
  6. Black&Black

The Zach Wilson Effect is a thing. Draft people are taking a much harder look at quality of opponent, instead of just OMG LOOK AT HIS ARM TALENT.

7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Is there a prospect in this year's draft that has that kind of arm though? I don't think there's anyone out there in 2022 who will captivate a GM with tape showing several amazing off-platform throws a game.

It also seems like this year there are more top QBs who are in the 6'-6'1", 215-220 lb range than I've seen in a while. Which means, of course, that they're all 5'11"...

8. Black&Black

I don't think there's a magician in this class. Rattler was billed as such, and maybe Beamer can clean him up for 2023. Howell has a strong arm but he's not really an improv passer. He can run in a straight line and truck DBs.

Corral and Pickett look like they might be good enough to be the guy you're trying to replace in four years.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    rake likes this.
  9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

sounds kinda darnold. Plus he's local which tepper will eat up. Howell is a panther

10. Black&Black

I think he's probably a better NFL prospect than Darnold but it's not a bad overall comparison.