1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCAA QB’s to watch

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

It's a good sign that UCF has so many deep shots built into their playbook. They trust him to make explosive plays. PFF loves him, but PFF also loved Will Grier for very similar reasons. Deep ball hit % is a volatile metric year to year. Even in the NFL, quarterbacks bounce from top 15 to bottom 15 on a routine basis. It's not something you want to isolate as the metric for a franchise quarterback.

He's sketchy when you take away the deep ball. Average accuracy/ball placement, average runner, below average size. Very Chase Daniel-esque.

2. Black&Black

How Zach Wilson looks this year will go a long way in determining how high these quarterbacks get selected. I think everyone agrees that there's no Trevor Lawrence in the 2022 draft. If Wilson bombs year one after coming out of nowhere to be the #2 pick, most of these guys will get cement shoe'd down draft boards.

3. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Tarkenton, and its not even close

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

You have a lot of confidence in NFL teams to learn lessons. These guys are the ones that ALWAYS convince themselves they're special.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

I hope that 9/12 is Wilson’s 9/11, and his opening day gives him shitting nightmares for the rest of his life.
    Sorry jag, I know you love the kid but I believe he’s going to have a very humiliating painful NFL “career”. At the draft he just solidified my gut-feeling that he has the potential to be king of the pussies. Someone please post the vid/pic of him at the draft. .. that moment where it was clear that he was not comfortable being so close to black men. He looked like the lil’ bird-chested kid in PE that took showers in his gym shorts.

6. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

But his mom is smoking hot.

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

No pic = ...

8. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I love his arm. Whether the rest of the package makes it is still a story to be told.

Can't wait until 9/12, personally...

9. Black&Black

I think some teams are already learning. The Bears and 49ers sound earnest about sitting their rookie QBs as long as possible, while Belichick won't let Jones sniff the field unless he's 100% certain Jones is the best quarterback on his roster. That man gives zero fucks about talk radio influence. I wouldn't even rule out Jones losing the backup job to Stidham.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

So does lil’ Bama So Bryce Young [5’11 3/4”] instantly become the Heisman front runner?? What other QB had as good an outing?
    Howell really pooped the sheets